Who is the greatest black actor of all time?

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
Underrated

the-chicago-code-delroy-lindo-1.jpg

19204_5_full.jpg

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Idris is the prototypical glass half full/half empty career actor.

On one hand, everything about dude is A-list as far as acting, charisma, screen presence and having the "look" . Add to that he's been in a slew of big budget/popular movies, comic movies, Disney movies, etc. So with that perspective, he's had a great career.

On the other hand, he could never get the damn roles where he could actually propel himself as an actual A-list/mainstream lead. The Dark Tower is essentially being his first real chance after about a decade + of side roles. Typically it be stuff like his Prometheus role or that viking shyt in Thor. Pretty much him just making the best out of a limited situation. You'd have to turn to his Luther stuff or his independent/netflix movies to really see him shine.

He had a real break-out chance 5-6 years ago with the Alex Cross film but the director/studio head infamously booted him last minute to give the role to Tyler Perry, claiming you can't pass up on big budget guys like "Will Smith and Tyler Perry..." :why: suffice to say, the movie flopped. Granted i heard the movie was so trash that maybe he actually dodge a bullet there.

It doesn't get that much better than Idris Elba in Season 1 of "Luther."

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I never heard of news radio

She was in the Corner, Cb4, what love got to do with it and some other things I can't remember
NewsRadio is a classic cult sitcom.

Its why Her , Joe Rogan, Andy dikk & Phil Hartman are famous... although Phil Hartman already had a buzz going before the show.

Yo, she would let those titties breathe on that show... no joke. :noah:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i prefer jeffrey wright.. so much depth and range

cant argue with you there. Denzel is the GOAT but I dont know if any black actor has the range and depth of Jeffrey. Sidney is the GOAT as far as accomplishments. Without him there is no Denzel.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
He got black balled but I always liked Isiah Washington as well...

Kadeem Harrison is underrated

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Mos Def was on his way to being a TITAN acting wise. Every role he's ever had was a solid performance.

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
cant argue with you there. Denzel is the GOAT but I dont know if any black actor has the range and depth of Jeffrey. Sidney is the GOAT as far as accomplishments. Without him there is no Denzel.

Morgan Freeman is very underrated but Denzel can also do action movies and play the bad guy.