• Total voters

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The more I think about this, the harder it is to rank them because their positions and styles are so different.

I think CP3, Rondo, and Stockton all had fairly similar roles. Clear floor generals controlling the rock and deciding who will shoot, super high bball IQ, extremely precise with their passes, took great control of the ball, though height limited their versatility and they didn't take a ton of risks.

Bron, Magic, and Luka are a different tier, their height allowed a whole different range of passes and they are all demons on the fast break too. All of them take more risks and aren't always as precise as the first group, tend to turn the ball over a good amount.

Jokic is similar but far more stationary, though incredibly creative from that platform. Like the next evolution of Bird.

Nash and Kidd might be among the most versatile, like a combination of Magic and Stockton.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being a Suns fan, I've been blessed to witness a lot of great pg play.KJ, Kidd, Marbury, Nash, and CP3.From my observations, I think J Kidd, and Nash were better passers than CP3.I'd put CP3 ahead of KJ, tho.KJ had good assist numbers,but he was more of a scoring pg.I'm just split on who was better out of Nash & Kidd.That shyt is tough.The way Jason Kidd ran the break was phenomenal.Best I've seen next to Magic.I think Nash edges him out in the half court, tho.I can just say 1A & 1B:yeshrug:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
How do you talk in real life?

I'm genuinely curious...

If you really care about hiphop.
Plus hearing.
or being knowledgeable.
Of one of the best debut solo great emcee.

You should own the record.
I debuted on as a solo Artist.

Mc juice tip of the iceberg
Good grief

Art Barr

Daps
If ya'll think Magic's half court passing is on the same level as Jokic and Lebron, we should close this thread.

I'm not saying Magic is whack in the half court, but there are definitely levels.
See what I quoted from get these nets below.
Magic and nobody's even close imo
Jokic is on the same block imo.
Vision , timing, placement, and misdirection.

This is why I have Magic and Kidd as 1 and 2. Their ability to manipulate the guy defending them & the one defending the teammate who will receive the pass is on a different tier. Often they manipulate the full 5 defenders.

Extremely hard to do consistently.,And if you go back and imagine how floor spacing was different before 3 pointers became so prevalent, you'd have an even greater appreciation for how hard it was.
Yeah I don't think some people realize/remember just how condensed the court was in the 80's. Offenses were often designed where 8 players set up around the lane. It was like throwing BB's through a keyhole.
Magic highlights would look very much like LBJ and Joker if he had the space they work with today.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Got to give it to Magic, dude was way ahead of his time. He really was playing like he came back from the future. Had to be amazing to watch live.

CP3 is my favorite PG. Dude is the definition of guard, just isn't flashy enough for most. But what he did to the Prime Spurs in the Playoffs when he was with New Orleans, no PG has ever played better. Point GOD for real.

Bron is up there, bcuz it still don't seem like he should be able to pass so well. Unbelievable. I bet coach don't plan for and opposing players don't expect it.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Magic, Larry, Bron and Jokic are the Mount Rushmore of passing. And the thing that sets them apart from Kidd, Nash, rondo, Stockton is that they are also great to elite scorers. You couldn’t play those 4 straight up because they could also drop 40 on you, so the defense is already stressed out as soon as they touch the ball. And then they are going to make you pay if your rotations aren’t perfect.

They’re also taller, so they have more passing angles available, but that’s less of a factor.

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
the greatest passer is the one who got the most assists

so it has to be Scott Skiles then :troll: