Who is George Santos? He claims to have degrees from Baruch & NYU but nobody knows him. Update: He’s officially been ousted from congress

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Such a stupid response by this guy.

Isn’t it there job to get the news out whether hell or high water? So since someone didn’t pick up a local newspaper the story didn’t gain any traction and it stopped there? What about giving this story to other journalists with more reach in the national markets?

I guarantee those local newspapers have twitter and social media accounts and are not limited to just printing local newspapers.

Fukk him.
BAD.

Not one reporter in NYC of all fukkiing places didn't research homeboy for 2 elections!!??

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well, the democrats can chalk up taking this seat back in 2024 :dead: this fukking clown just humiliated his district in front of the entire country

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
This is sad and hilarious at the same time.

full

“I'm rich as fukk and I ain't nothing at the same time
People hate me & they love me at the same time
I guess I'm everything & nothing at the same time”

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
well, the democrats can chalk up taking this seat back in 2024 :dead: this fukking clown just humiliated his district in front of the entire country
Bro he’s done and they will have to hold a special election for that seat… That district will wise up and re elect a Dem to save face.. That’s a rich district

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
he's not wrong. the death of local media allows shyt like this to thrive. local media dying increases the political divisions. and those people then start getting their news from disinformation sources. in a world where people get their news from propaganda operations a george santos is legit and anyone going after him is because he's going to DC to expose the deep state pedophiles.

and it's gonna get worse.

This needs to be emphasized. And not just for the ideological divisions but for investigative work too.

Very little of "new media" involves any sort of original investigative journalism. 90% of it is idiots commenting on news stories that are already out and other people's work, and at most they're doing internet searches for information. Even a huge outfit like Fox News, how often do you hear them break a story as opposed to just giving their spin on the headlines? When they do break a story it's just because some right-wing partisan came to them with the information, not cause they dug it up themselves. And the internet newspapers and social media influences are even worse.

Whereas the newspapers and departments that have been getting financially killed for 30 years are the ones who do the actual investigations, have real sources, make the phone calls, knock on doors, show up in person at the sites, etc.

The more that "new media" and the internet replace local and public-interest papers, the easier it will be for frauds like this to slip through the cracks.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
This needs to be emphasized. And not just for the ideological divisions but for investigative work too.

Very little of "new media" involves any sort of original investigative journalism. 90% of it is idiots commenting on news stories that are already out and other people's work, and at most they're doing internet searches for information. Even a huge outfit like Fox News, how often do you hear them break a story as opposed to just giving their spin on the headlines? When they do break a story it's just because some right-wing partisan came to them with the information, not cause they dug it up themselves. And the internet newspapers and social media influences are even worse.

Whereas the newspapers and departments that have been getting financially killed for 30 years are the ones who do the actual investigations, have real sources, make the phone calls, knock on doors, show up in person at the sites, etc.

The more that "new media" and the internet replace local and public-interest papers, the easier it will be for frauds like this to slip through the cracks.
You forgot to mention my favorite type of new journalism, it's when they actually do have breaking news of consequence but hold on to it for 8-12 months so it can be released as promo for their book :beli:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:gucci:The sheer audacity of this man. He’s not stepping down.

Representative-elect George Santos admitted on Monday to misleading voters about his professional experience and educational history, confirming some of the key findings of a New York Times investigation that found he likely misrepresented his background to voters.

Mr. Santos, a Republican who was elected in November to represent parts of northern Long Island and northeast Queens, ended a week of near silence, giving interviews to two conservative-owned media outlets, The New York Post and WABC-AM radio.

Mr. Santos told The Post that even though he now admits to embellishing his résumé, it would not stop him from taking office.

“I am not a criminal,” Mr. Santos told The Post, adding he would still be an effective legislator. He told WABC radio that he still intended to be sworn in at the start of the next Congress.

Mr. Santos, through representatives, has declined multiple requests to speak with The Times or to directly address the questions raised by its reporting.

Over the course of his campaigns, Mr. Santos claimed to have graduated from Baruch College in 2010 before working at Citigroup and, eventually, Goldman Sachs. But representatives from the college and both companies said they could not locate records to confirm his graduation or employment.

• Dig deeper into the moment.
Special offer: Subscribe for $1 a week.

In Monday’s interview, Mr. Santos admitted to The Post that he had not graduated from Baruch, nor had he graduated “from any institution of higher learning.”

Mr. Santos also said that he never worked directly for Goldman Sachs or Citigroup, even though he said in campaign biographies that he had worked directly for both companies, as he made his case to voters that he was a seasoned investor and financial professional.

Instead, he said, he dealt with both firms through his work at another company, LinkBridge Investors, which connects investors with potential clients.

Mr. Santos told The Post that LinkBridge had “limited partnerships” with the two Wall Street companies.
The Times was able to confirm Mr. Santos’s employment at LinkBridge. But in a version of his campaign biography posted as recently as April, Mr. Santos suggested that he had started his career on Wall Street at Citigroup and that he was at Goldman Sachs briefly before his time at LinkBridge.
Representatives for Goldman Sachs and Citigroup did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Last edited: