WHO IN HERE HAD HOOP DREAMS GROWING UP??

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Not at goddamn all. I was a realist.

I could play basketball in gym and shoot 3's that would have my whole team mad at me. I would never try to tryout for the team.

JayYoung713

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
I did and I was a good basketball player. Played on varsity as a sophmore and all that but by senior year between playing for school and summer league it became like a job and I lost my focus. I became more concerned with right now money looking at the hard heads I grew up with. I became more concerened with being fly (jewelery, clothes, swangas, etc.) and less concerned with hoopin.:wow:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I regret not switching to football. I was fast as hell. In gym, the regular dudes would play against the football kids all the time. I got nikkas with that first step everytime :wow: and I could sniff the ball on D. It's nothing in the world as sweet as snatching the pass out another nikka's hand and hauling that shyt back :wow:

Coach saw me and pulled me aside. I remember going up the hole one game in gym and this 6"4 dude and all 200lbs of him barreled into my lil 5"8 ass. Felt like I got smacked with a large slab of cement :sadcam: I told coach I wasn't with that sh*t. If I could have dealt with getting hit, I think I could have got a scholarship to a small uni. D3/HBCU. Nothing major.

It's all good though. I got an academic scholarship instead :pachaha:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought the thread who had dreads growing up. :banderas:

Everynight I go to bed I hope I wake up with long heavenly locks. :banderas:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as for me I had an ill crossover and I was real good at defense (my jumpshot needed some work tho:dead:). I actually started hoopin at age 7/8, I played in Middle School on the team and I was sure I was gonna make the high school team BUT i went to the cardiologist to see if I could play and they said with my heart condition it was best that I didn't play organized ball :huhldup:. I was pissed at first but like I said in the OP, I figured I'd rather live a long life and focus on something else than to possibly collapse and faint on the court :manny: I still hoop like twice a week.