Who had the best verse on Mobb Deep eye for an eye?

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Nas

But I liked prodigy's more

I think this might be the grimiest song ever

I see after all these years they still haven't figured out the sample. I know Hav is the master of this shyt

P, Rae and Nas are in my top 5 favorite rappers too so this is just one of those all time bangers I never get tired of
It's Al Green I Wish You Were Here. Same sample as Shootouts by Nas. Hav just played one part at different pitches because the A&R told them they would never be able to clear an Al Green loop

Same sample as the version you posted a few replies up. If you notice, the bassline is still exactly the same.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man... yall fronting on prodigy hard on this one. I like nas verse too but yall acting like prodigy verse wasnt fire too.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
All the verses were great

I dont think anyone killed anybody

They all played to their strengths

Prodigy verse is really good and perfect set off

Havoc is like the b verse but still dope and keeps it going

Nas does what nas does, best verse from a “written” pov, top flow. Prolly the best overall

But rae instead does the flow > lyrics thing and imo has best flow on song and ends it off with a nice ! Or cherry on top. Something extra after all the guys to in on the lyrics side. Or course rae aint a slouch in that either but its a basic verse.

vernestbrown

Rookie
Daps
Nas

Now if we talkin bout John Blaze it be different
I always thought Nas’ verse on the original version from the Clue tape was better than the album version. The only other song I can think of where another rapper had a better verse than Nas, was “Desperados”. Nas probably heard that Canibus verse and was like :picard::sadcam:.