Who had Sega Channel as a kid?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Man, I was reading an article about cable companies bringing games to OnDemand and all of a sudden I had a flashback to having Sega Channel as a kid and man just remembering the good times of that back then and how I thought it was the greatest shyt ever

The Sega Channel | Retro Junk
92b_6b52412e42.jpg

-50 Games a month, that rotated every month for only 15 bucks a month had me like :wow: :gladbron: :thumbsup: as a kid. When this came out, this made for a winning argument for my mom who wouldn't have to deal with me asking for her to buy me a new game every now and then.

-Looking forward to the update at the beginning of the month when they added new games :gladbron:

I found out they only offered this in a few markets so if you didn't have it as a kid, my condolences :to:

Who else had this?

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I had it, it was great. I actually didn't have it at my house but my grandma had it at hers because my cousins and I usually spent weekends there and all summer too when we were out of school.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Didn't have it but my local store did I spent hours flipping and playing games ahh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk breh!

Casso Dinero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Portland, Oregon
Got it for Christmas :wow: . Pit Fighter, Sonic Pinball, Streets of Rage, Jammit (As much as that game pissed me the fukk off, I still played it, haha).

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
I had it, and I fukking loved it.

Like you said, it was an easy sell (15 bucks for 50 games a month instead of 50+ for one game), plus they had demos (playing MK3 at home before everyone else [just 4 characters tho]).

The best part to me was checking out all sorts of games I wouldn't buy or woulda never heard of (Beyond Oasis, Gain Ground, Landstalker, etc.). SEGA Channel opened me up to all kinds of genres and amazing gameplay I wouldn't have had access to any other way.

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
haha hell yeah, we got it with our Sega, my stepdad thought he was slick taking the mortal kombat that came with it, still played it on sega channel though :lolbron:

weMFR

Pro
Daps
how long did it last? i had it but i dont remember it bein around very long..

that shyt was :ahh:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
The best part to me was checking out all sorts of games I wouldn't buy or woulda never heard of (Beyond Oasis, Gain Ground, Landstalker, etc.). SEGA Channel opened me up to all kinds of genres and amazing gameplay I wouldn't have had access to any other way.

Yup.

I fell in love with the RPG genre because of Sega Channel. So many hours wasted playing Shining Force and Shining Force 2 . Never would have checked it out on my own and wouldn't be an RPG playing fool after that. Played a lot of other games that I wouldn't pick up at Blockbuster or bought.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasted an entire summer indoors when I first got Sega Channel.

If not for Sega Channel I'd have never gotten to play dope ass games like The Shining Force series, The Phantasy Star series, Golden Axe III, Pulseman, Casltevania Bloodlines, Beyond Oasis, Alien Solider, Ranger X, Mega Bomberman, Generations Lost, and dopeness that was Landstalker.

JBone4eva

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Didn't have it in my locality :rudy: I was PISSED I didn't have the opportunity to get Sega Channel.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I always wanted but my mom wasn't trying to spend the money. We were broke as fukk growing up. Sega was an amazng company back in the day and really had alot of potential back in the day. Too bad Nintendo took their soul...

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I had this. I got fat as fukk that summer, snacks and my new 6 button controller had me :flabbynsick: den a muhfukka. Needless to say my moms locked me outta the house that next summer soon as the sun came up everyday