who else here ONLY makes music from scratch?

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
I only respect producers who sample if the finished product sounds nothing like the song they sampled.

Both Kanye and Just Blaze have been known to just straight jack songs and add some drums

sidenote, I wonder if Just Blaze ditched sohh and came to the Coli also

:scheme:

u make looping and adding drums seem so easy tho

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
I know its alotta samplers out there, which i dont knock at all cuz thats what i tried at first (i'm not good) but i always found makin somethin thats 100% your own creation way more fulfillin :obama: anybody else on that steez?

from scratch...actually designing the sound...sound designer?

Red Maverick II

Special A Class Hunter
Daps
I don't sample. I like coming up with my own melodies, it is more fulfilling, especially when you crank out a banger :ahh:

Plus you dont gotta worry about clearing the sample and somebody impeding yo shyt

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
This will help... doesn't work well on synths (chords) but if you using a piano to play strings or keys, this is excellent... Chord Progressions C Major, Cminor etc.... very easy to play. experiment

[ame=http://youtu.be/a6hH8JRD_U0]How to write a song on piano : Beat Making Tutorial - How to Write Chord Progressions - YouTube[/ame]

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i go back and forth, and for the most part i like all my beats just the same...

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Idk why yall just stick to one or the other, I do both it keeps me creative..I'll mess around with a synth and get something and when I 'm done that track I'll work on a sample I might have heard