who else here ONLY makes music from scratch?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I know its alotta samplers out there, which i dont knock at all cuz thats what i tried at first (i'm not good) but i always found makin somethin thats 100% your own creation way more fulfillin :obama: anybody else on that steez?

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
:yes:

I'm a former sample-only producer. Now, I'd say, 95% of my sh*t is non-sampled if not more. You're right, it's absolutely more fulfilling. I'm trying to be the next Haydn, Beethoven, Wagner, Chopin, Bartok, meets Doc Dre & Timbo up in this biya.

I'm telling you, y'all. There's so many books you can scoop up for free that will help you with your theory game. It's just a matter of effort. Yes, having the right sounds helps, too. But, knowing what to do with them is what it is.

DaWe

Graphic Designer
Daps
Reppin
Sweden
I do non-sampled simple stuff for TV spots but never really done it as a hobby. However when I sample, at least the way I do it, I feel just as creative and fullfilled in the end.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
:yes:

I'm a former sample-only producer. Now, I'd say, 95% of my sh*t is non-sampled if not more. You're right, it's absolutely more fulfilling. I'm trying to be the next Haydn, Beethoven, Wagner, Chopin, Bartok, meets Doc Dre & Timbo up in this biya.

I'm telling you, y'all. There's so many books you can scoop up for free that will help you with your theory game. It's just a matter of effort. Yes, having the right sounds helps, too. But, knowing what to do with them is what it is.

any suggestions??? i just finished up my bachelors so i'll have the time to finally learn :yes:

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Went from non sampled, to sample only and then back to non sampled :laugh:

I just picked sampling back up again, but I don't do it often.

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
i used to sample 100% for various reasons...but now im 100% no samples...i work faster without having to chop and time stretch and figure out tempos and all that good stuff....but i still love a bangin ass sampled beat tho

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
The way I try to sample, you could say its almost 100 percent myself. I used to exclusively loop to learn, then I chopped into beats, now I'm usually sampling one or two simple notes for body and replayin the rest. I have a couple tracks that are pretty much non sampled, and yea, they make ya feel mad good when they finally hit right.

The sampling sound is my fav tho. I usually try to blend shyt together so its difficult to find the sample nowadays since I got all the synth vsts...but there's nothing like a raggedy looped sample tho. I spit too and shyt like that makes me go retarded.

My boy is basically all non sampled, and I love his beats but that sound itself just isn't my vibe as far as some rap shyt.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
whats everyone's process? do you just sit down, turn your shyt on and start workin on the fly or what? i think just about everything i've done has been concieved beforehand. like, i might be drivin or who knows what and get an idea :ohhh: then beatbox or sing the idea in a recordin on my phone (weird as that might sound) and eventually come to around to it at some point

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
whats everyone's process? do you just sit down, turn your shyt on and start workin on the fly or what? i think just about everything i've done has been concieved beforehand. like, i might be drivin or who knows what and get an idea :ohhh: then beatbox or sing the idea in a recordin on my phone (weird as that might sound) and eventually come to around to it at some point

i just sit down and open up a vsti...probably vanguard or nexus and try to come up with something from a preset which rarely happens so i tweak presets until i find something that inspires me from there its really up in the air..drums might be next? maybe bass? or maybe just the hihat pattern its different everytime..one thing that happens alot tho is after im done with the beat the first thing i played doesnt really fit into the track anymore??

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I only respect producers who sample if the finished product sounds nothing like the song they sampled.

Both Kanye and Just Blaze have been known to just straight jack songs and add some drums

sidenote, I wonder if Just Blaze ditched sohh and came to the Coli also

:scheme:

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
i hardly sample anymore. if i do is just like a little loop or something to compliment everything else.

i don't even know how to chop shyt up very well anymore lol. my sample game is :flabbynsick:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I only respect producers who sample if the finished product sounds nothing like the song they sampled.

Both Kanye and Just Blaze have been known to just straight jack songs and add some drums

sidenote, I wonder if Just Blaze ditched sohh and came to the Coli also

:scheme:

:aicmon:

:stopitslime:

Kanye is GOAT producer.

McPiff

#goat
Daps
i used to sample a lot but now i barely do it. Unless i find the RIGHT sample.