White privilege is dead

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Thoughts?
I agree...most people I see complaining about "white privilege" either are Young, dont understand money, or selling a book (or educator).

KwamePiesie

1st born on Saturn's day
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The African Diaspora
westbrook-face-o.gif

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Not disagreeing nor agreeing with him but the flaw of his theory is thinking that privileges are mutually exclusive (yeah I like that word). Class privilege does definitely exist and is a problem, that's true, but that doesn't mean that another privilege can't coexist.

But from the same guy :

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Is that why white Americans use drugs at a slightly higher rate, yet black Americans are arrested more and convicted much more for drug related charges? Because white privilege is dead? Is that why studies have shown African American names receiving a significantly lower amount of consideration and callbacks for a job compared to "whiter" sounding names, when they test it with literally the exact same resume? Because white privilege is dead? Is that why you have one of your two main political parties full of people who would love to restrict the vote and make it harder for low socioeconomic status African Americans to vote? Because white privilege is dead?

:camby:

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
Thoughts?
I agree...most people I see complaining about "white privilege" either are Young, dont understand money, or selling a book (or educator).

I've watched a lot of Tmot's, aka Derrick Grayson, videos. He tends to talk nonsense but every once in a while he tosses out a gem. Politically speaking, he is right that there is no longer white privilege. For decades I have watched whites pass laws that went against their own best interest. Now they are finally waking up to see that they are on the losing end of policies voted in by their parents and grandparents.

California is a great example of the loss of white privilege. In the 70's California distributed property taxes equally among school districts. Wealthy whites didn't want their tax money going to poor districts so they pass Proposition 13 to limit property taxes and now all schools in California are poorly funded and usually have crumbling infrastructure.

California ended affirmative action at the University level. I believe the University of California primarily admits students based on 75% grades and 25% SAT scores. This sounds fair until you realize people go to segregated high schools. Whites go to school with Asians and get lower grades than Asians. This year the largest racial/ethnic group in the University of California system is Asian followed by Hispanic then white. Finally, many of the whites on UC campuses are out-of-state students. California is so broke that they prefer students who will pay out-of-state tuition.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I haven't watched the video yet but whites have been killing it the last several weeks their white privilege.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Is that why white Americans use drugs at a slightly higher rate, yet black Americans are arrested more and convicted much more for drug related charges? Because white privilege is dead? Is that why studies have shown African American names receiving a significantly lower amount of consideration and callbacks for a job compared to "whiter" sounding names, when they test it with literally the exact same resume? Because white privilege is dead? Is that why you have one of your two main political parties full of people who would love to restrict the vote and make it harder for low socioeconomic status African Americans to vote? Because white privilege is dead?

:camby:
White people sell in the open air market as much as black do?
and lets not forget many black liberals are the reason for the drug policies.

And of course your "studies"...these same studies are made by the same crowd that wants you to feel victimized (they arent black people).
The name thing can be tied to class as well...When people hear the name Shankewa they think of this
(btw...if you cant show a simple ass ID, you have no business voting)
shanaynay.jpg

Yall give white folks way too much power over you.
They have you enslaved mentally.
The reason why black folks dont perform up to the national standards is because we think its impossible to, because of "white supremacy"...and the reason why poor white trash is happy w/ what they have is because they believe all the negative stuff about blacks.

Its really interesting.

Last edited:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Not disagreeing nor agreeing with him but the flaw of his theory is thinking that privileges are mutually exclusive (yeah I like that word). Class privilege does definitely exist and is a problem, that's true, but that doesn't mean that another privilege can't coexist.

But from the same guy :

"privilege" is over stated though.
We all have areas where we have advantages and disadvantages.

Men/Women....White/Black....Christian/Atheist etc....

Most of us live in big cities where there are tons of black politicians and business.
People really want to believe that other black people cant tap into that structure?
Cities like NYC, Chicago, DC, etc... have huge black communities where black people in business would have an advantage.

The "white privilege" crowd tend to be people who havent actually took part in society other than going to school, and working a job.
Once you start talking to people, and making money...you realize nobody really gives a damn once things start going.

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
White people sell in the open air market as much as black do?
and lets not forget many black liberals are the reason for the drug policies.

And of course your "studies"...these same studies are made by the same crowd that wants you to feel victimized (they arent black people).
The name thing can be tied to class as well...When people hear the name Shankewa they think of this
(btw...if you cant show a simple ass ID, you have no business voting)
shanaynay.jpg

Yall give white folks way too much power over you.
They have you enslaved mentally.
The reason why black folks dont perform up to the national standards is because we think its impossible to, because of "white supremacy"...and the reason why poor white trash is happy w/ what they have is because they believe all the negative stuff about blacks.

Its really interesting.

Black activists, clergy, and politicians started the war on drugs by demanding stiffer sentencing for drug dealers and users. Prisontime.org had an excellent year by year timeline with videos showing black involvement in the drug war but unfortunately the site is no longer in operation. NPR has a good summary:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch.../the-shift-in-black-views-of-the-war-on-drugs

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
i havent watched the video, but i understand that the c00ning industry is experiencing a boom right now...

I know, c00ns have been going hard in the paint for the last couple years. :wow:

Dude in the video's c00n level is over 9000. I can sum it up as him denying the existence of white privilege while repeating Republican talking points about immigration.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
:what:

No cacs want to pretend like White privilege doesn't exist...

You have conservative media telling whites that they are the minority, blacks and hispanics are taking over the country,and that racism doesn't exist because Obama is president and that we(blacks) are the racist ones while the whites are innocent. :comeon: