White America's Obsession With The "Black Confederate" Myth

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I've only met one black American person who ever supported the confederate flag. We were in the army together and he was from South Carolina from what i recall. We never discussed it in debt plus i was young at the time and didnt know enough about American history to ask ( i was like 19 and a E2 and he was a sergeant). I remember one day a couple of the soldiers discussing the flag and dude jumped in and expressed that he didnt feel there was anything wrong or specifically racist about the flag blah blah blah.

Outside of that the history ive gotten from black americans has always been that the flag is strictly about racism and nothing else. I doubt those fighting for the confederacy had much of a choice unless they were falsely promised freedom in exchange.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I've only met one black American person who ever supported the confederate flag. We were in the army together and he was from South Carolina from what i recall. We never discussed it in debt plus i was young at the time and didnt know enough about American history to ask ( i was like 19 and a E2 and he was a sergeant). I remember one day a couple of the soldiers discussing the flag and dude jumped in and expressed that he didnt feel there was anything wrong or specifically racist about the flag blah blah blah.

Outside of that the history ive gotten from black americans has always been that the flag is strictly about racism and nothing else. I doubt those fighting for the confederacy had much of a choice unless they were falsely promised freedom in exchange.
Freedom was only offered during the Revolutionary War. Sad when someone intentionally shyts on they own ancestors. I guarantee I would’ve committed suicide if I was alive back then.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

He sounds like this dude.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
They are dusting off H.K. Edgerton and sending him to pro confederate statue rallies.
8036c26c-7d8c-4f1e-b3fc-0263bf7f2d51-Save_Pensacola_History_rally_Sunday_2.jpg

If he has any relatives who haven't turned their backs on him yet, they might want to tell him to fall back this time. People are really not going for this bullshyt in this climate.

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
They are dusting off H.K. Edgerton and sending him to pro confederate statue rallies.

If he has any relatives who haven't turned their backs on him yet, they might want to tell him to fall back this time. People are really not going for this bullshyt in this climate.

I don't want to wish anything bad on Mr. Egerton - but when he passes - I pray that no one steps up to take his place.

Something is off with this man.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Kevin M. Levin talks about his book.

Searching for Black Confederates: The Civil War’s Most Persistent Myth

Daps

It’s condescending that they even point to him, as if we believe, and support anything just because it’s coming from a black mouth.