Which Star Wars character in it's lore could possibly be their "Black Panther" moment?

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Star Wars is not, nor will ever be, the franchise to have a strong black hero who isn’t completely and utterly inept in some way.

Lando came out alright but he forever had the stain of being a “traitor” amongst the fandom despite the circumstances and what he did to atone for it.

Mace Windu was pretty one note and went out like a bytch

And Jar Jar Finn The Janitor.... Well the less said about that abortion of a “protagonist” the better.

fukk Star Wars. Let it remain a symbol of Feminist Mary Sueisms and bad writing.
It we be easy to write a good story for starwars, the universe is so big.
If I ever got ahold of that franchise I would put that shyt 300 years in the future from the current storyline. I’m done with the Skywalkers and Jedis.

During that time the Jedi council would have fallen and everyone of them would have died.

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
It could have been Finn. A highly trained stormtrooper who breaks free of the empire's mind control and then liberates his fellow stormtroopers with his newly discovered force abilities. Could have been jason borne / nat turner in space :mjcry:

But nah, that makes too much sense. Lets make him a cowardly space janitor who gets his ass whopped for two movies straight while chasing after a white woman.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
:scust:Star Wars is trash now. Yall don't get it, they have abandoned the lore ...

The post-Lucas regime made it quite clear they have no intention of providing us with a "black Panther Moment" and if they tried it would be some forced, half-hearted, copycat, blatant attempt to trick black ppl into buying. Dope, intelligent, comprehensive, original stories are not a priority of theirs.

Black Panther ACTUALLY worked because it isn't a gimmick. He was included in as a key member of the Marvel universe over 40 years ago by Stan Lee himself, who has stated for YEARS that BP is his favorite hero. Wakanda has always been pivotal in the Marvel comic book universe.. this movie was inevitable and a long time coming, because marvel studios is on a blueprint to the comics.

With George Lucas gone, Star Wars no longer has a blueprint. Theyve pissed all over his creations. They admitted that they are just making shyt up as they go along under Kath Kennedy...and are doing a terrible job. They even had an entire expanded universe to work from (which included atleast one entire planet of black ppl), and they flushed it all down the drain forever making it non-cannon. Kennedy just wants to create her femenist wet dream at all costs and she only hires puppet directors who meet her demands.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They can do an empire focused movie with Rae Sloane. Or do a Lando movie. Mace would be cool but they aren't even touching the prequel era now.
I doubt you'll get something like Black Panther since it is the first to do what it did and Star Wars don't have any all black countries.
I don't see any of them getting a solo film but as long as they get a novel I'll be fine(I prefer them over the movies anyway)
Only thing I can think of that can rival Black Panther is if a Static movie is made and gets equal praise

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
So y'all are going to just openly disrespect Mace Windu like that?:gucci:
Him and yoda are GOAT OG jedi. He's a one of the strongest and most respected even among jedi masters. He had insane feats in the star wars universe. In the tv show he sonned a whole futuristic army solo

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
When asked about it, Samuel L. says he doesn't consider his character to be dead. It's definitely on Disney if they wanna bring him back though. But to answer the thread, they would have to create one. It's the new age of Star Wars and all the old heads are catching disrespectful fades on screen. With that said I don't wanna see Lando or Mace anywhere near this current trilogy.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
When asked about it, Samuel L. says he doesn't consider his character to be dead. It's definitely on Disney if they wanna bring him back though. But to answer the thread, they would have to create one. It's the new age of Star Wars and all the old heads are catching disrespectful fades on screen. With that said I don't wanna see Lando or Mace anywhere near this current trilogy.
Yep there isn’t remotely a character right now with that type of potential in that universe.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So y'all are going to just openly disrespect Mace Windu like that?:gucci:
Him and yoda are GOAT OG jedi. He's a one of the strongest and most respected even among jedi masters. He had insane feats in the star wars universe. In the tv show he sonned a whole futuristic army solo

:wow: I remember even Stormtroopers were putting in work in this piff. Wish they kept using that style and Tartovsky for all the animated Star Wars shows.