Which Star Wars character in it's lore could possibly be their "Black Panther" moment?

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
The thing with Star Wars is that we don't know how interesting the world is without Jedi's and the Force.

Without those two elements, what separates the series from any other run of the mill sci-fi?

The supporting characters never had any depth. Boba Fett was on screen for all of 2 seconds.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
The thing with Star Wars is that we don't know how interesting the world is without Jedi's and the Force.

Without those two elements, what separates the series from any other run of the mill sci-fi?

The supporting characters never had any depth. Boba Fett was on screen for all of 2 seconds.
yup, the trailer for Solo reminded me of Blade Runner.

I'd love to see a Mace Windu prequel tho

Cast the dude from "Get Out" to play him

:ohlawd:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Why make those movies in the Star Wars universe?

Because the thread topic is Star Wars? :picard: Damn dog, why you being so disrespectful?

yup, the trailer for Solo reminded me of Blade Runner.

I'd love to see a Mace Windu prequel tho

Cast the dude from "Get Out" to play him

:ohlawd:

Got a homie that says the Solo movie should have been a Lando movie. :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Star Wars is not, nor will ever be, the franchise to have a strong black hero who isn’t completely and utterly inept in some way.

Lando came out alright but he forever had the stain of being a “traitor” amongst the fandom despite the circumstances and what he did to atone for it.

Mace Windu was pretty one note and went out like a bytch

And Jar Jar Finn The Janitor.... Well the less said about that abortion of a “protagonist” the better.

fukk Star Wars. Let it remain a symbol of Feminist Mary Sueisms and bad writing.

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
giphy.gif

:mjlol:

doublex

Pro
Daps
And if none exist, would you like to see them create an entirely new character of African descent for their own one off film or possibly a trilogy?

They're only hiring white directors for their trilogies (have two more lined up right now) and I wouldn't trust them to handle a black hero or to build an Afro-centric sci-fantasy world like Wakanda within the Star Wars universe.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
George Lucas stay PAEGing though :usure: and not a single black woman in any starwars film :mjpls:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Star Wars is not, nor will ever be, the franchise to have a strong black hero who isn’t completely and utterly inept in some way.

Lando came out alright but he forever had the stain of being a “traitor” amongst the fandom despite the circumstances and what he did to atone for it.

Mace Windu was pretty one note and went out like a bytch

And Jar Jar Finn The Janitor.... Well the less said about that abortion of a “protagonist” the better.

fukk Star Wars. Let it remain a symbol of Feminist Mary Sueisms and bad writing.
Word up! I'm sick of niqqaz putting this franchise on this high pedestal. Since the trilogy that ran in the fukkin' 1970s/80s they really haven't done shyt! Darth Vader is really the only worthwhile character in the entire thing.
I never seen something live off limited past glory like this shyt. It's just very overrated IMO.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
And if none exist, would you like to see them create an entirely new character of African descent for their own one off film or possibly a trilogy?
I just want a good story again, I don't care what race or species it's based around
There's no Africa in the Star Wars universe, and all the planets are a wide variety of species. Only place where the movies showed a place populated by one single species was Ewoks on Endor. A Wakanda like story would seem really forced

This as well. Lando and Finn are definitely not interesting enough to base a movie around, and Mace served his purpose