Which neighborhood do you feel comfortable walking at night? And why? Black or White?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
With Chris B we all know that he means ghetto.

Thats one of my problems with this forum at times. As diverse as this site appears to be (from what I see we have europeans and other nationalities here) but people assume everything black is

• Poor/Ghetto
  • Uneducated
  • Strictly references American Blacks

Like for example i hate when people reference something as "black people music" when black musicians around the world make music that are far far removed from rap, r&b and neo soul.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Color doesn't matter. It's the income level of the community.

Low-income trailer park that is 100% white. Chance of getting robbed: 10%
Middle class single family neighborhood that is 100% white. Chance of getting robbed. 0%
Low-income section-8 apartment complex that is 100% black. Chance of getting robbed. 10%
Middle class single family neighborhood that is 100% black. Chance of getting robbed. 0%

you gonna pretend like them white people dont call the cops when they see nikkas they dont know walking around at night :usure:

i know how to move around nikkas so i'd prolly feel more comfortable walking through a black neighborhood(assuming we're not talkin about them crazy ass chicago nikkas :sadcam:)

strictly because i'd rather deal with nikkas than deal with police :yeshrug:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Color doesn't matter. It's the income level of the community.

Low-income trailer park that is 100% white. Chance of getting robbed: 10%
Middle class single family neighborhood that is 100% white. Chance of getting robbed. 0%
Low-income section-8 apartment complex that is 100% black. Chance of getting robbed. 10%
Middle class single family neighborhood that is 100% black. Chance of getting robbed. 0%

This basically.

You could walk down an upper class part of Bowie here in MD and be perfectly safe. But you could also walk down West Baltimore and get robbed, raped, and shot (not necessarily in that order:beli:). Both streets would be predominantly black but the results are going to be different.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Thats one of my problems with this forum at times. As diverse as this site appears to be (from what I see we have europeans and other nationalities here) but people assume everything black is

• Poor/Ghetto
  • Uneducated

Like for example i hate when people reference something as "black people music" when black musicians around the world make music that are far far removed from rap, r&b and neo soul.
Chris B is too ignorant to be European. Is he ? :snoop:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps

• Poor/Ghetto
  • Uneducated

Yeah, it's interesting to see that those were the first reactions too. Saddens me that it was mine as well til I thought about it.

Black neighborhoods were automatically assumed to be awful and 'ghetto'. I guess that programming runs deep.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
you gonna pretend like them white people dont call the cops when they see nikkas they dont know walking around at night :usure:

i know how to move around nikkas so i'd prolly feel more comfortable walking through a black neighborhood(assuming we're not talkin about them crazy ass chicago nikkas :sadcam:)

Quick story

Cute little hick i knew lived in a ~ decent neighborhood. Not poor but not middle class either. One day she asked me to come trick-or-treating with her and her son so i was like :manny:, right?

She picks me up and drives to a middle class white neighborhood and we go trick or treating. I asked her why and her reason was "i dont fukk around with my neighbors cheap asses" . Now, this was the first year I moved here and i was thinking like We're gonna get lynched, right.

Not a single person was rude to us or made us feel unwelcomed. If anything they were mad cool. And this is Atlanta in "The South" where a lot of you clones seem to feel is 100% KKK membership among whites

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Quick story

Cute little hick i knew lived in a ~ decent neighborhood. Not poor but not middle class either. One day she asked me to come trick-or-treating with her and her son so i was like :manny:, right?

She picks me up and drives to a middle class white neighborhood and we go trick or treating. I asked her why and her reason was "i dont fukk around with my neighbors cheap asses" . Now, this was the first year I moved here and i was thinking like We're gonna get lynched, right.

Not a single person was rude to us or made us feel unwelcomed. If anything they were mad cool. And this is Atlanta in "The South" where a lot of you clones seem to feel is 100% KKK membership among whites

:stopitslime: nikka i live in the south so get the fukk outta here with that shyt i know every white person down here isn't racist

nikkas quick to call somebody a clone to "prove" their point :scusthov:

for every story you have about being safe in a middle class white neighborhood i have a story about being safe in a low-income black neighborhood so i dont get what you're trying to say :stopitslime:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
The question was if you feel safe walking in the white neighborhood.

Income level of the community matters. I am okay with jogging around my neighborhood at 8 to 9 PM. It's a mix black/white residents, blue collar and white collar people.

No way am I going to jog through the low-income apartment complex (mix of white, black, Hispanic) with one shooting (not necessarily homicide, just a shooting) per month ratio at the same time of night.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why cant I dap this?

You have to wait a few seconds.

I would feel safe in either. I've had to walk from the bus stop at night when I lived in the hood and never had an issue. I run at 4am in my neighborhood now , which is predominantly white and it's still dark out at that time.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:stopitslime: nikka i live in the south so get the fukk outta here with that shyt i know every white person down here isn't racist

nikkas quick to call somebody a clone to "prove" their point :scusthov:

for every story you have about being safe in a middle class white neighborhood i have a story about being safe in a low-income black neighborhood so i dont get what you're trying to say :stopitslime:

Read my previus 3 posts in ths thread (posted bellow)before you get your panties in a bunch, clones. :beli:

• Poor/Ghetto
  • Uneducated

Well first off we need to establish one thing here. When i answered i thought you meant a neighborhood i lived in and would walk around at night. My answer is neither because I dont like segregated neighborhoods.

To answer the question we cant all assume a "black" neighborhood is the ghetto or the "white" neighborhood is some middle class neighborhood.

I would walk down any middle class black neighborhood with no problem.
I would not walk alone in a white trailer park or any of their hoods.
I would not walk around some poor black neighborhoods either.

My point is not all black neighborhoods are poor/ghetto and therefore dangerous

Neither

I dont wanna be in any segregated neighborhoods. I need balance

Now tell me how you really feel, clones. :beli: