Which Major War Had The Best Films Depicting It? WW1, WW2 or Vietnam?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
There was nothing black or white about WW2. Hitler tried to colonize Europe in the same manner that those awuropean nations had colonized Africa and Asia. Let’s also not forget that Nazi racial ideology and practice was heavily inspired by the United States.

With that said, my favorite war films were Vietnam films. There is something about jungles that make them the perfect backdrop for a war movie.
"there was nothing black or white about WW2" - :sas1:

*proceeds to outline very bad actions that anyone with a moral compass would oppose* :dahell:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
What the fukk are you babbling about?
This will probably be my last reply on this because entering a discussion about whether there is a clear 'good and bad' about HITLER in WW2 is already an internet argument I'm too smart to get into, but:

"Hitler tried to colonize Europe in the same manner that those awuropean nations had colonized Africa and Asia."
Describing what Hitler was trying to do as 'colonizing' is already PRETTY DISINGENUOUS at ABSOLUTE LEAST. What Germany was doing was very clearly the actions of "the bad guys" when it comes to WW2 being 'black or white'. And whether other countries had colonized africa and asia in what you view as the same manner [honestly beside the point] that simply makes their actions bad as WELL as hitler. And any country in a position to have stopped those countries from 'colonizing asia and africa' would've been justified in doing so, as the allied powers were to stop hitler.

WW2 was black and white. THE ACTIONS of the allied powers might be actions you don't align with but hitting WW2 with 'both sides' is pretty terrible.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"there was nothing black or white about WW2" - :sas1:

*proceeds to outline very bad actions that anyone with a moral compass would oppose* :dahell:

fakkit ass negged me for calling out European hypocrisy in respect to colonialism and apartheid America? :mjtf:

You don’t see the hypocrisy and absurdity fighting to free Europe while the same European nations have colonized Africa in its entirety and most of Asia? Or asking black soldiers to die fighting to free Europeans while they live as second class citizens in an apartheid star?

Are you really that fukking stupid?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This will probably be my last reply on this because entering a discussion about whether there is a clear 'good and bad' about HITLER in WW2 is already an internet argument I'm too smart to get into, but:

Describing what Hitler was trying to do as 'colonizing' is already PRETTY DISINGENUOUS at ABSOLUTE LEAST. What Germany was doing was very clearly the actions of "the bad guys" when it comes to WW2 being 'black or white'. And whether other countries had colonized africa and asia in what you view as the same manner [honestly beside the point] that simply makes their actions bad as WELL as hitler. And any country in a position to have stopped those countries from 'colonizing asia and africa' would've been justified in doing so, as the allied powers were to stop hitler.

WW2 was black and white. THE ACTIONS of the allied powers might be actions you don't align with but hitting WW2 with 'both sides' is pretty terrible.

You've been brainwashed boy. Yes what Hitler wanted with Europe is to colonize the place. This is no different than what the French, English and Belgians etc were doing on two continents over hundreds of years.

How you can be so sensitive to the plight of European suffering over several years, but totally callous to that of African American, Africans and Asians over hundreds of years says a lot about you.

You gotta be a white boy or a lost c00n.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
You've been brainwashed boy. Yes what Hitler wanted with Europe is to colonize the place. This is no different than what the French, English and Belgians etc were doing on two continents over hundreds of years.

How you can be so sensitive to the plight of European suffering over several years, but totally callous to that of African American, Africans and Asians over hundreds of years says a lot about you.

You gotta be a white boy or a lost c00n.
You're calling another brother boy, but i'm a c00n. You got it.

Hitler ethnically cleansing europe = very wrong. Countries allied to stop it.
Belgians, french, portugese, english ethnically cleansing america, africa, asia, south america = very wrong. Countries should have allied to stop it.

Something betting horrific before doesn't make something horrific happening now....not...as horrific.

you're not really someone worth talking to because no matter what those you argue with are c00ns or white, but minimizing Hitler murdering millions because it has happened before and it happened to white people that time, is pretty pathetic and childish thinking.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're calling another brother boy, but i'm a c00n. You got it.

Hitler ethnically cleansing europe = very wrong. Countries allied to stop it.
Belgians, french, portugese, english ethnically cleansing america, africa, asia, south america = very wrong. Countries should have allied to stop it.

Something betting horrific before doesn't make something horrific happening now....not...as horrific.

you're not really someone worth talking to because no matter what those you argue with are c00ns or white, but minimizing Hitler murdering millions because it has happened before and it happened to white people that time, is pretty pathetic and childish thinking.

I’m not minimizing anything. Just calling out the hypocrisy of European nations. Same mfkers crying about Hitler’s European conquest, had colonies all around the globe at the same damn time. They had been raping and pillaging some of those colonies for 100s of years. What King Leopoldo did in the Congo is just as bad was what Hitler did to the Jews.

To add insult to injury, these same European countries kept to those same damn colonies after the war.

None of these countries have clean hands. That was my only point. But me calling out European hypocrisy and white supremacy is for some reason very offensive to you.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Vietnam. WW2 films are always from the white man's perspective. It was a World War that because of Empire, colonialism and imperialism brought many non European people into it.

I'd like to see a war film starring a breh going back to civvie street and coping with being bottom of society.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Vietnam. WW2 films are always from the white man's perspective. It was a World War that because of Empire, colonialism and imperialism brought many non European people into it.

I'd like to see a war film starring a breh going back to civvie street and coping with being bottom of society.
Uh Dead Presidents?