Which is easier for yall? To Bulk or Cut?

semtex

:)
Daps
Jump rope, swings, sprints are all good cardio. Swings and sprints have a much greater muscle sparing effect though.

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
For those who bulk, how do you avoid getting a gut?
Deadlift and squat. Works core (abs) while building muscle and increases metabolism so while your muscles are repairing/growing in your sleep, fat is being burned at the same time.

Cardio and dont eat too much over maintenance
nikka he trying to bulk not lose weight.

Last edited:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
cool. which cardio exercises would you recommend? I'm trying to lose this gut before the summer breh :sadbron:
:ufdup: Youre going to have to make a choice...bulk, or lose weight.

Im currently bulking...and holding this extra weight some days has me like :to:...but I just think about when I cut and will have all the extra muscle to work with.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Cuttings easier for me cuz I don't have to tediously stay on top of flexibility and I'm not as prone to injury with the reduced exercise volume. The process is pretty set and forget until the scale stops moving, then calories or cardio gets adjusted and its back to cruise control.

Bulkings more fun tho :ehh:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Idk why guys go for the shredded/cut look. shyt looks disturbing and unnatural. First off you're underweight, which means low energy throughout the day and moody all the time. Plus most women like bulk. You hear them say all the time "I like a man with meat on his bones."

Daps
Both are fairly easy for me. Currently in cut mode (started at 226 lbs, currently 199, goal is 170 lbs). If I'm trying to cut, I limit my lifting to the simple stuff like cleans, squats, bench, overhead press etc., and do lots of cardio (ran 5 miles and biked 16 miles this morning).

When bulking, I just lift more frequently and always do cardio AFTER lifting. Clean bulking is definitely a slower process than cutting though. Not-so-clean bulking is easy, but you feel like shyt. Strength gains are crazy though.

Daps
Idk why guys go for the shredded/cut look. shyt looks disturbing and unnatural. First off you're underweight, which means low energy throughout the day and moody all the time. Plus most women like bulk. You hear them say all the time "I like a man with meat on his bones."

Depends on the dude though. I think of it as: "if you eat an OK diet but don't really workout much, what would you look like?" I'm only 5'8" and without working out but eating decent, I'd probably be around 210 lbs. Natural (smaller) heavyweight. Guys like me definitely need the extra cardio. For the naturally lean brehs, they probably go for the cut look because they damn near have six-packs without much training. People tend to do what comes easiest. That's why lean brehs go nuts on the ab work and box jumps but you never really catch them going hard on the squats and deadlifts. Big brehs stay on the bench press but you won't see them going faster than 3 mph on the treadmill.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

:wtf:

If u get that cut aesthetic look, hoes go crazy. :dahell:

If u too bulky, they get intimidated. That 10-12% BF is perfect

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly cutting is easier...It took a whole lot for me to get to 200LBS matter of fact this is the first time I’ve ever been steady over 200LBS and I have a feeling if I stop my TRT I will be right back under.

I can find all types of appetite suppressants...Now doing a dirty bulk would be easier than a clean bulk...But cutting is just being in a caloric deficit. When I do IF that becomes really easy.