Which Game Has A Bigger Turn Around/Redemption Arc: No Man's Sky or Cyberpunk?

which game had a bigger turn around in fan/critical reception?

• No Man's Sky

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • Cyberounk 2077

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
All Cyberpunk did was make the game playable. There's still annoying bugs like Brenden being invisible, textures flickering and emitting light after a while, NPCs in bad animation loops, MFs staying standing after you kill them. It's fundamentally the same game as launch - ok for what it is but ultimately fails to deliver on the hype and potential.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Cyberpunk was buggy and has been improved but the amount of content has remained the same aside from some rather inconsequential skins, home customization, cars.

:beli:

That's what kills me.

All it took was them making the game playable, adding creature comforts, TWO YEARS LATER, and an anime.

Gamers will be preordering the next Witchers and CP like crazy.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
:beli:

That's what kills me.

All it took was them making the game playable, adding creature comforts, TWO YEARS LATER, and an anime.

Gamers will be preordering the next Witchers and CP like crazy.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Gamers are their own worst enemy. Time and time again they prove that they're willing to settle for substandard products and experiences.

3:30

Thread Killer
Daps
Reppin
3:30
Edgerunners really helped further turn shyt around for Cyberpunk.

I’m trying to cop a sandevistan

Did they actually fix the bugs , or are more people just playing because of the show?

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Cyberpunk is just a first-person shooter Watchdogs. Bugs or not, it was gonna be certified mid regardless.

NMS had much more of an improvement from straight doodoo to high-mid.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
There are games in the Sci-fi open world genre that's due to be released that can barely match the current depth of NMS.

When it's all said & done it will quite honestly be the last game to release that much free add on content without paying any microtransactions towards it.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
I’m trying to cop a sandevistan

Did they actually fix the bugs , or are more people just playing because of the show?
Still buggy, but nowhere near as bad as it was at launch. Doesn't crash anymore either, which was also a huge problem back then.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is low key a silly question, because it's No Man's Sky, and it's not even close enough to be on the same Wikipedia page, let alone in the same conversation.

Cyberpunk, while obviously oversold by the developer, still had a lot of the base elements it was supposed to have. And if we're being completely honest, a good portion of the recent resurgence of the game is people being interested because of Edgerunners. A lot of those folks weren't even there for the shytty launch, or most of the patches that actually brought the game to its current state. The Next Gen version/patch that did a lot of the heavy lifting came out months before that, and really didn't move the needle like that.

No Man's Sky, though? shyt was barely what they sold it as in the very first trailer for the game, let alone the various gameplay reels and interviews. There was just.......nothing. I still remember people being angry as shyt that the reward for making it to the center of the universe was just interacting with more nothing. And it was before the days of putting out some half-baked shyt and shutting people up with a roadmap, so them just putting the game out and disappearing was fukking CRAZY. But they've been pumping out updates that all significantly change and update the game for free for six years. Absolutely insane.

Considering that CDPR is cutting bait on the game and the engine or was built in as a whole after the expansion comes out, Cyberpunk really can't be compared to No Man's Sky.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
This is low key a silly question, because it's No Man's Sky, and it's not even close enough to be on the same Wikipedia page, let alone in the same conversation.

Cyberpunk, while obviously oversold by the developer, still had a lot of the base elements it was supposed to have. And if we're being completely honest, a good portion of the recent resurgence of the game is people being interested because of Edgerunners. A lot of those folks weren't even there for the shytty launch, or most of the patches that actually brought the game to its current state. The Next Gen version/patch that did a lot of the heavy lifting came out months before that, and really didn't move the needle like that.

No Man's Sky, though? shyt was barely what they sold it as in the very first trailer for the game, let alone the various gameplay reels and interviews. There was just.......nothing. I still remember people being angry as shyt that the reward for making it to the center of the universe was just interacting with more nothing. And it was before the days of putting out some half-baked shyt and shutting people up with a roadmap, so them just putting the game out and disappearing was fukking CRAZY. But they've been pumping out updates that all significantly change and update the game for free for six years. Absolutely insane.

Considering that CDPR is cutting bait on the game and the engine or was built in as a whole after the expansion comes out, Cyberpunk really can't be compared to No Man's Sky.
Game is still ass, got a boost from a damn TV show.

I still get mad thinking about buying the game, I bought the shyt THE DAY BEFORE RELEASE. I WASN'T EVEN THAT HYPE!

Spoke to a friend about it and I'm like "Oh, it's finally releasing? Nice, I'll check it out"
I was STILL DISAPPOINTED. fukk those thieving polish b*stards :pacspit:

But about No Mans Sky, I'm sure Sony slapped Hello Games around a little bit after launch on some "You better have some content drop soon, or you won't work in this town again" :ufdup: