Which Game Has A Bigger Turn Around/Redemption Arc: No Man's Sky or Cyberpunk?

which game had a bigger turn around in fan/critical reception?

• No Man's Sky

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • Cyberounk 2077

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
both were games that were once hated but are now loved by millions :jbhmm:

which had the bigger redemption arc? :ohhh:

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
Cyberpunk by far. People forget that the initial reception was so bad. Sony was forced to take the game off their store for months.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Cyberpunk. No Man's Sky wasn't broken on release like Cyberpunk... it was just fukking boring.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No mans sky and it isn’t even close.
Cyberpunk was buggy and has been improved but the amount of content has remained the same aside from some rather inconsequential skins, home customization, cars.
No man’s sky is a completely different game since launch and the team has continued to add completely game changing features.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Idk why I just can't get into cyberpunk. Like, I didn't even play it when it first launched, in fact I only just bought it a few months ago. I also love games in that category. Skyrim, Deus Ex, Fallout, The Outer World's was cool, etc. But this just doesn't do it for me. This is a game I genuinely want to like, but don't.

No man's sky was boring as hell last time I played it, but it's been a while. I'ma just refrain from voting.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Cyberpunk isn't fixed yet. It's just in a more playable state. Its great but there's still tons of bugs and jank. Things like the melee system and police system aren't being fixed until the next patch, which is almost a year since release.

This has to go to No Man's Sky. Those devs put in way more work to turn that game around and actually improve on it too. That game was a real Cinderalla story like FF14.

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
NMS by miles:

• Got shytted on by every streamer, gamer, and review site
  • "No Man's lies" became a meme
  • Dwingling community
  • Radio silence from the devs which led to bad impressions about Hello Games
Once the updates happen, the entire gaming community had no other choice but to accept the fact that we were all wrong all along. No Man's Sky is a prime example of patience is a virtue. We second guessed the vision that was there because of how the gaming industry works.

In reality, there are still passionate devs that actually give a shyt about gaming.

Cyberpunk just got lucky by a Netflix anime and borrowed time. To this day I will never touch the fukking game because of how it left a sour taste in my mouth. The game alone made me just slow down on gaming in general and not fall for the hype never again.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Not sure what the hell some of you are puffing on or if you were confused by the question, but it's No Man's Sky and it isn't remotely close. And I thoroughly enjoy Cyberpunk while No Man's Sky doesn't remotely interest me.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
How you can be a grown man, and think you pay full price, but have to be patient for a good or enjoyable game experience is mind blowing to me.
I legit don't understand the mind set.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
All you would have to do is compare the changes since the release of both games to see No Man's Sky is the clear winner.
I mean, the game even added VR support. What are we really talking about?

I know Cyberpunk had a rough launch but it's comeback isn't even close to NMS.
I think the Cyberpunk launch might be better compared to the Halo MCC or Battlefield 4 launches and even that is just a hot take.
Those were launches that needed to be patched just to be playable. They weren't adding anything to what they had promised from the beginning.