Which Dev Has The Most Pressure On Them To Deliver On The HYPE?

which dev has the most pressure on them right now?

• CD Projekt Red (Cyberpunk 2077)

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Square Enix (Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Avengers)

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Naughty Dog (Last of Us Part 2)

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Kojima Productions (Death Stranding)

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
CDPR & Kojima

Both have only put out one game the entire gen

FF7 has been demo'ed like every month to the public with great reactions and Avengers already looked "Ehhh" so i don't think they really have that much pressure compared to the others

Naughty Dog has a great track record so yeah

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I'll go with kojima. He has to hit this shyt out of the park with all the hype behind this or he's gonna be seen in the same group as keiji inafune

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Easily the FF7 remake. Square CANNOT fukk that up. They have done good recently and built up some good will in my book, but FF7 is like their holy grail of all games they have made. If they fukk up the remake it's gonna look bad for Square out here.

And there's so much shyt they gotta get right. Getting everything in Midgar right is one thing but the there's the stuff after Midgar that has to be done faithfully:

The Nibelheim flashback
Fort Condor mini game
Junon
The Golden Saucer
Corel and Barret's backstory
The Cosmo Canyon
The return to Nibelheim
The handling of Cid, Yuffie, Cait Sith and Vincent
Wutai
The Temple of Ancients and the City of Ancients

And that's just some of disc 1 from the original.:huhldup:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Easily the FF7 remake. Square CANNOT fukk that up. They have done good recently and built up some good will in my book, but FF7 is like their holy grail of all games they have made. If they fukk up the remake it's gonna look bad for Square out here.
Exactly. This is a remake of a game that is literally loved. It basically has to be perfect or they are going to catch alot of heat. And this is only part 1 of the game. They will have to do the same for two more parts. Thats like asking them to deliver 3 perfect games in a row while working on other things.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
CDPR & Kojima

Both have only put out one game the entire gen

FF7 has been demo'ed like every month to the public with great reactions and Avengers already looked "Ehhh" so i don't think they really have that much pressure compared to the others

Naughty Dog has a great track record so yeah

Kojima has clout tho. One stinker isn’t going to kill the career of a man that’s been in the biz since 85/86. Has more hits than misses and has a cult following.

Even if death stranding bombs, hell still have a career and be sought after.

if this were Hollywood, he’d be Quentin tarrintino.

he’s already started working on his next project :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Kojima has clout tho. One stinker isn’t going to kill the career of a man that’s been in the biz since 85/86. Has more hits than misses and has a cult following.

Even if death stranding bombs, hell still have a career and be sought after.

if this were Hollywood, he’d be Quentin tarrintino.

he’s already started working on his next project :yeshrug:
Nah, it costs a lot of money to make a Kojima game, if DS bombs not many publishers will be willing to throw money at him. He’d have to go the smaller indie route. But the way he’s talked in the past I could see him just walking away if he doesn’t get a situation that he wants.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Nah, it costs a lot of money to make a Kojima game, if DS bombs not many publishers will be willing to throw money at him. He’d have to go the smaller indie route. But the way he’s talked in the past I could see him just walking away if he doesn’t get a situation that he wants.

Exactly why I feel he has less pressure than say a cdpr. If he bombs and doesn’t get another shot to his liking ( unlikely imo) he’s pretty much retirement age, been in the game 30+ years and has all the fame/clout a game creator could want. He can walk into the sunset.

Plus he’s already said he’s been getting offers to move to other mediums other than games. He’s got connects that others don’t have. He’s got options.

he’s doing video games because he wants to still wants to.