Which city had the better urban movies: LA or NYC

Better urban movies

• Total voters

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
LA had the same formula for 90% of their movies. Gang, colors, fight.. somebody running. Rinse. repeat :yawn:
Palm trees +sunny days + turf wars+comic relief+crack addict+ flagging + slauson + normandy+ khaki pants + chucks+ flannel shirt + Jheri curls + too short = LA formula.

:dead:

You forgot about Crenshaw and some old school Funk music being played in the background occasionally lol

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
:hhh:

We dissing posters kids?

Yeah, that's uncalled for.

You have mastered making polarizing threads. This thread will go just because NY vs LA

He really has. Plat plus.

No mention of Vampire In Brooklyn?? :lolbron:

You bullshyting but that was lowkey a blassic "Evil is good!"

If we bein real

Jersey > NY

How so? :jbhmm:

When did this thread become about entire coasts

It's the coli, it was bound to happen. He knew would it be when he made the thread.

As someone who has no affiliation to either city, LA by far

Me too. Both have absolutely classics and Spike is in my top five director list. It just LA had so many films that were not only good but iconic. Take Juice and Boyz N the hood. 2 classics. 2 well written, well acted coming of age stories that captured the perils, traps, and hope (friendship, education, music, football, almost army for Ricky) of kids in NYC (Queens?) and South Central. But look at the impact. Look how many great movies and terrible movies BoyZ In the Hood inspired. It damn near created a genre. It's tough because like I said both got classics (anybody mention Lean on Me yet-that's East Coast) ...I was watching Carlitto's Way the other day for the millionth time. :whoo: But I gotta go LA. I mean-Friday, Dead Presidents, BINTH, Menace that's hard to beat. :yeshrug:

LA movies made people scared to actually come there NYC films didnt cause we all saw Teenage Mutant Turtles films and it looked fun

Lol, I had an uncle who used to live in Sacramento. When I was little (like 8 after BITH came out) my parents asked me if we wanted to take a family trip there.

Me: Sure, where that? :ohhh:

Them: In California baby. :obama:

Me: California? :stopitslime:

Them: Yeah California :hhh:

Me: Is it close to Crenshaw? :picard:

Them: I dont know I think that's a different city? :hhh:

Me: Is it near South Central?:patrice:

Them: What? You wanna go or not? :usure:

Me: Naw, Disney World cool again this summer. :francis:

As a NYer, I gotta give this to LA.

We got them beat in EVERYTHING else though. :ufdup:

Honest shyt. I salute it. :salute:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
KindHastyDog-size_restricted.gif

@Double Burger With Cheese

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
boyz and menace are a hard hitting combo but the NYC list is more fleshed out...I mean for god’s sake you have house party 3 on the LA list lol smh