Where my #team natural sistas at? Question for y'all..

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
:o:
How many times a week you wash/condition your hair?
I haven't grown my hair out since I was a little boy and I'm tryna take better care of it and avoid that dry matted look .
Also probably a dumb question but do I really need to be wrapping it up at night:dame: it's not crazy long yet just trying to keep it healthy

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
How many times a week? :dame:
lol I try to wash my hair twice a month.
Keeping ur hair moisturized is the best way to avoid that look. A spray bottle with water or aloe Vera or whatever concoction you make up urself is one of the best ways to keep ur hair moist. Yes, you should wrap ur hair with a silk or silky type wrap at night to avoid unnecessary friction and pulling and tugging on ur hair strands especially if you have fine hair. Or you can do like my favorite naturalista @KOOL-AID and buy a satin pillow case.

Last edited:

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
How many times a week? :dame:
lol I try to wash my hair twice a month.
Keeping ur hair moisturized is the best way to avoid that look. A spray bottle with water or aloe Vera or whatever concoction you make up urself is one of the best ways to keep ur hair moist. Yes, you should wrap ur hair with a silk or silky type wrap at night to avoid unnecessary friction and pulling and tugging on ur hair strands especially if you have fine hair. Or you can do like my favorite naturalista @KOOL-AID and buy a satin pillow case.
Would a loose durag suffice?
I probably been over doing it then once a week didn't seem too bad with a gentle shampoo but I'll dial it back see what happens:ehh:

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I wash my hair every other day. I've tried different time lengths for washing my hair, twice a month, once a week, everyday etc and every other day works best for me. I use Dove 2-in-1 I also add extra dove conditioner to the 2-in-1 and my hair always feels super soft after I'm done.

You don't have to wrap it up at night if you have silk/satin pillow cases. If you have cotton pillow cases then I would wrap it if I were you.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
My ex already put me on to cold water and leave in conditioner :wow: she low key shot herself in the foot with that one

*Angel*

Frozen Flames Goddess
Daps
Reppin
Goddess power
If I wear a bun then I can wash my hair twice a week. Otherwise I mainly wash once a week unless I have a sew in.

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Hell I should be asking you for tips my hair is dirt dry lol. But I have a skin condition that I have to see a doctor for, so I have to wash my hair at least twice a week but I wet my hair daily in order to put a serum in my hair for softness.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
twice a month right now. I wanted to do every week but its not practical at the moment. When I was swimming it after I swam which was once or twice a week.

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
Once a week.
At one point,years ago, I washed my hair every other day, and it broke so much.

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was doing twice a week, but I've cut it to once a week.

I wrap my hair 7/10x, but I do have a satin pillow for those lazy days.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Every 1-2 weeks it really depends on your texture, length and porosity. Everyone's hair is different, just keep it clean and moisturized.

If your hair starts feeling mushy or stretches but doesn't curl or bounce back, do a protein treatment and moisturize afterwards.