Where is your tattoo? Why did you get it? and what does it mean?

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Im thinking about getting one on each of my upper arms (like around the tricep and bicep area) to cover up all these dark spots I have there from getting bit by mosquitoes :snoop:

I was looking up African tribal tattos but couldn't really find anything. :beli: If I cant find something in that area I like, I'm going to go with sports or something involving my little girl. :manny:

Edit: Also how much does that shyt hurt? :what:

xd21

Sohh Icey
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sohh icey
I got east coast tatted on my right arm. I was born and raised out there, so I rep my coast with pride.

Then I got a tat that says my daughter's name, and Karma on my neck.

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game
Arms, hand, chest, and mouth

The dreadlock lion on my chest is a dedication to my grandfather who was a rasta, it has a red, black, and green bead on one of the dreads (I have one on one of my dreads too) because he was a stand firm garveyite and pan african

The sword on my right forearm comes from "the pen is mightier than the sword", I write with my right hand

The crown on my right arm comes from my grandfather always telling me "we came from black queens and kinds, not crack fiends and things"

On my left arm I have a globe with the continent of Africa in the center with "brown love" curved over it and "black pride" curved under it, this was really just an idea I had, got the brown love black pride from a 2pac song

The "Jersey" on my left arm was more of some brotherhood shyt, I got it when I was about 14. me, my lil brother, and 3 of my cousins got the neighborhood tattoo man/crack head to give us all the same exact "Jersey" on our arms, we gave him 3 rocks that we stole from my cousin's sister, and a bottle of thunder to do it

The "I <3 Vagina" in my mouth was planned but some spur of the moment shyt at the same. Someone showed me their mouth tat when I was a kid and I always thought that was a cool idea. After I started gettin tats I went back and forth wit the idea for a while cause I wasn't sure what I wanted to get, plus the few people I knew that had one told me they fade mad quick. Then when I was about 21 I happen to be in San Diego, bar hoppin wit some white boys I was in the navy with, we got drunk and started talkin shyt about who eats coochie better, black dudes or white dudes, I said something like "I'm dedicated, I'll tattoo the shyt on me" really just bullshyttin, one of the white boys said "I ingot $200 that says you wont, and I'll pay for the tat", I said "anywhere I want?" He said yeah, so we got up and walked down the street to the tattoo spot and got it done. It faded mad quick like I expected, within 2 months you could barely even see it anymore

The rest of them don't really have any meanin, just ideas I came up with

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
My potna just got "Keeping it 100" across my back.... :pachaha:

I don't have no tats cause when I used to watch them cop shows when I was young, they would always identify black dudes by describing their tats and where they are. Not that I'm some criminal but I don't need to be easily picked out either.

Just don't get a cliche tat man, My homie got a tribal tat when he was 22 now he regrets that shyt alot. Of course females names are a no no, and don't get your own name on you either.

My thing is why get a tat if its gonna be just another tattoo you know? The unique ones are dope. but the cross, names in old english, the tiger or lion on the shoulder.. :no:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
ak47 on my stomach with "TUPAC" written underneath. scorpion on my neck. dead baby memorial on my right arm. casper the ghost on my left forearm.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
My potna just got "Keeping it 100" across my back.... :pachaha:

I don't have no tats cause when I used to watch them cop shows when I was young, they would always identify black dudes by describing their tats and where they are. Not that I'm some criminal but I don't need to be easily picked out either.

Just don't get a cliche tat man, My homie got a tribal tat when he was 22 now he regrets that shyt alot. Of course females names are a no no, and don't get your own name on you either.

My thing is why get a tat if its gonna be just another tattoo you know? The unique ones are dope. but the cross, names in old english, the tiger or lion on the shoulder.. :no:

I feel you on that.... Damn I just want to cover these shyts on my arms up :snoop: No one notices until I bring it up but im self conscious about it :smh:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@ikbm has a tattoo of a basketball on his shoulder and he didn't make it past first cut his freshman year in HS :skip:

i have a tattoo of @charmander 's initials on my ring finger.

Last edited by a moderator: