Where does the Milli Vanilli scandal rank historically with other music industry scandals

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Didn't the White girl Jessica Simpson I think that's her name did the same thing on SNL?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That situation was like Lebron leaving Cleveland. If it happened today, the producer and the record label would have been crucified for using two poor Black men like that and the guys themselves wouldn’t have been seen as the villain. With Lebron, Dan Gilbert would be the villain today and it would have been seen as a Sterling lite

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Like I said in the Milli Vanilli doc thread, there REALLY needs to be a documentary on the lipsyncing craze in 89 to 90.

I'm talking...

Milli Vanilli
Technotronic
C+C Music Factory
Black Box
Seduction

This is all we have so far...

Also OP Rob got a hell of alot better since the reveal in 1990. I give him props for trying to better his ability since then.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
at first i thought it was light,
A lot of artists lip sync in concert.

but then i found out they weren't even the voices on the record, (not even doctored up at least) it was an entire other person.
And not only that, but they could hardly pronounce the lyrics due to a language barrier. literally just back up dancers.

that said i've seen this practice in other countries, bollywood likes to trout out their most attractive stars for songs and musicals. but it will be some busted chick uncredited thats doing all the singing.