Where does Hakeem Olajuwon rank on your greatest all time list?

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Top 10 players I'd draft.

I think I'd take Shaq over him though because Prime Shaq was on a different level.

Yes, Hakeem was plenty more skilled. Within the context of the game and all things equal dude is the best center.

However, the refs called the games different for Shaq. Defenders could foul him on every single play and the refs would allow it. To stop Shaq you had to play defense outside the context of the game. NBA players have admitted this.

Shaq didn't really "break the game" but more like the refs "broke the game" to level the playing field for defenders to have a "fair fight" against Shaq. Seriously watch how many times grown centers and power forwards would be clinging onto Shaq and no calls. Completely changes what "acceptable" defense is.

If the context of the game were treated fairly for both players, Shaq would foul out every single center and power forward within the first half. Shaq with Kobe and correct-called games would be blowing teams out by 30 a night.

Side note: I believe there's a game in 1998 where Hakeem picked up a technical foul because Shaq faked him out bad and got Hakeem to foul him, but really you could see the accumulated frustration because Shaq was just too much at that point and Hakeem (although past his prime) was looking like everyone else who tried to stop Shaq. The next year though was when Shaq was Prime Shaq.

Last edited:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Top 10. Arguably the greatest center of all time and personally one of my favorite players ever

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Skill and talent wise he's top 2 but in terms of career achievement and legacy, he's top 7

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Top 10. People talk about guys carrying squads to chips, 'Keem might be the only guy to really do it. Had no one else on his team average even 15ppg. Made a fool of and toyed with some of the greatest big men ever like Robinson, Ewing, Shaq, etc.
Y’all just like names and big stats. Those Houston squads had great team play and the perfect game plan. Hakeem was clearly the best player in the league those couple of years but let’s not act like those guys weren’t contributing a lot out there just because they weren’t Hall of Famers.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Y’all just like names and big stats. Those Houston squads had great team play and the perfect game plan. Hakeem was clearly the best player in the league those couple of years but let’s not act like those guys weren’t contributing a lot out there just because they weren’t Hall of Famers.
They obviously played well together, but look at that 94 team... There really wasn't a ton of talent around him. If LeBron was on that squad you know for damn sure folks would be crying about how he needs more help

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Since I've been watching basketball(Since '88)....Personally.....Best center I've ever seen with my own 2 eyes.

He's one of only three players I've actually feared going up against my team.

Michael Jordan
Dream
Kobe

Relentless killers with surgical skill.Nobody in todays game has me on pins & needles like that
Who is your team?

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
My fav player of all time. Though if I'm being honest he's borderline top 10. 10-12. Best Center of the last 30 years.

Also, Prime Hakeem in today's game would be :ohlawd: