Where does arrogance come from?

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
People who don't understand that confidence and humility can coexist.

I've always felt that in some cultures, including British and Americans , confidence is somehow merged with full fledge arrogance because they view people who aren't vocal as weak or lack confidence and leadership abilities. Not saying you can't be quiet and arrogant but still.

YEAH I THINK IT'S PRETTY MUCH CONFIDENCE WITH NO FEAR/RESPECT. I THINK SOME FEAR IS NECESSARY TO KEEP YOU GROUNDED.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
It’s a feudal word

For example a peasant claiming to be a knight

He would be lying to look more important and would have the training or skill of a knight

That’s how the word should still be used today

But ...

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
The key word there is exaggerated

In other words you think you are but you ain’t

Webster

"Arrogant" is often applied to that sense of superiority which comes from someone claiming (or arrogating) more consideration than is due to that person's position, dignity, or power.

You are arrogant for a reason.. maybe you aren't use to having what you have. Maybe you had a growth spurt mentality, physically , emotionally or financially. MJ was cut from the highschool team so I can see why he is arrogant after he worked for and possessed the power of being one of the greatest basketball player ever.

You cant be arrogant for no reason. Imagine an arrogant bum.:heh:

We can agree that it is nearly impossible to be arrogant/cocky and shy/timid at the same time, they are basically antonyms.

Shy and Timidness is a direct derivative of insecurity or not being sure of oneself correct?

So how can arrogance truly originate from insecurity ?

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
I believe it comes from several different directions:

-From people who are confident, then began to bask in themselves too much and it turns into arrogance.
-From dumb people who acquire knowledge (whether it's accurate or not) then suddenly think they know everything and nobody can tell them shyt.
-From educated people who use their achievements to become full of themselves and look down on people because of their education level without hearing them out first.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I am borderline arrogant but thats only because i had to struggle to get tocwhere i am at.

I have more of a high self belief,

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You are arrogant for a reason.. maybe you aren't use to having what you have. Maybe you had a growth spurt mentality, physically , emotionally or financially. MJ was cut from the highschool team so I can see why he is arrogant after he worked for and possessed the power of being one of the greatest basketball player ever.

You cant be arrogant for no reason. Imagine an arrogant bum.:heh:

We can agree that it is nearly impossible to be arrogant/cocky and shy/timid at the same time, they are basically antonyms.

Shy and Timidness is a direct derivative of insecurity or not being sure of oneself correct?

So how can arrogance truly originate from insecurity ?
You need to maybe reread my post

The reason someone is arrogant is because they’ve pretending to be more than they are ... the reason doesn’t matter

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
You need to maybe reread my post

The reason someone is arrogant is because they’ve pretending to be more than they are ... the reason doesn’t matter

That was a general reply for the insecurity comments but regardless of the situation dominance is clearly present, the person is just amplifying it.

fools just need an ass whooping*

You might be right most arrogant people haven't been defeated or won most of their battles.

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Insecurity......alcoholism and chain smoking gave me erectile dysfunction for about 3 years. I treated everyone like shyt for those 3 years and cant even count the number of fights I got into and people I outright smacked out of their shoes.
today Im straight edge and tearing up p*ssy like Im 20 again

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
How you were raised, what and how your parents taught you, how you were treated by peers, shapes a persons belief system, which is how they see the world, which shapes their behavior, and traits like arrogance or humility. Often extremely arrogant people have extremely arrogant parents, or arrogant people were neglected by their parents which leads to an inferiority complex, which is masked by extreme arrogance.

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
Arrogance comes from confidence. It's the same thought process/belief.

Only difference between the two is that Arrogance tends to be more vocal whereas confidence is seen as being more modest and quiet

For example, Floyd Mayweather. Time and time again he's called arrogant and every other ilk under the sun and that's because he's very much a showman who flaunts his wealth and claims to be the greatest boxer ever. He's seen as arrogant because he lets everyone know of his success and achievements and people don't like that (hence the title they tag him with)

...but whats the difference between a person that's achieved success, believes they're great and will tell this to people, compared to another person that's achieved success, believes they're great but keeps it to themselves :yeshrug:

Best believe people that are successful but are quiet about their success to others still hold the belief inside them that they are better then their peers. They just don't say it.

Edit: I went off track a bit regarding your question. Arrogance comes from ones achievements and how others perceive that individual.

Last edited: