Where does arrogance come from?

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Asking because me , my brother (Brooklyn raised) and his baby moms were having a conversation. Well I was observing:mjlol: Mainly it was both of them arguing about some issues.. she proceeded to say how he was Soooo arrogant and so on.:manny:

That being said
There are arrogant people in all walks of life. What I noticed was Most of the arrogant people were successful of some sort. I can say i haven't seen a arrogant shy person.
To name a few

Muhammad Ali
Floyd Mayweather
MJ
Steph Curry
Ochocinco
TO
Deion Sanders
Grant Cardone
Trump
95% of New Yorkers that been outside

I've heard of arrogance being a negative trait and I know the consensus is you should stay humble but who lights a candle under a table?

On the contrary
You want that candle to be lit on top of the table so it can be bright and shine in the darkness.

Does it stem from shytted on in the early stages of childhood/teenagehood then succeeding or finding your own later on in life?
Is it a coping mechanism? Is it an insecurity?:jbhmm:

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Dope thread OP.

I think arrogance stems from insecurity. With the lack of confidence in an area an arrogant person feels the need to over compensate.

This lack of confidence can be PTSD from ...as you said, being shytted on in the past

Eg. If a nikka is arrogant about his money he more than likely never had shyt before and he was insecure because of it

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Insecurity

How can you be considered the Goat
Be set Financially
In the best shape of your life
Access to any thot available
Have the ''clout' to go with it an be considered insecure?
If anything they are flexing their power

Speaking on MJ and other people on top of their game. MJ was Shooting a free throw with your eyes closed and shytting on all his colleagues.

Dope thread OP.

I think arrogance stems from insecurity. With the lack of confidence in an area an arrogant person feels the need to over compensate.

This lack of confidence can be PTSD from ...as you said, being shytted on in the past

Eg. If a nikka is arrogant about his money he more than likely never had shyt before and he was insecure because of it

Devil's advocate:

Floyd Mayweather and Dan Blizerian had money for a long time. :usure:

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Arrogance is a bad thing if we are speaking English

Look up the word

I hate conversations about words that don’t include the etymology and definition

Arrogant:
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

synonyms: conceited, hubristic, self-important, opinionated, egotistic, full of oneself, superior
:yeshrug:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
People who don't understand that confidence and humility/humbleness/modesty can coexist.

I've always felt that in some cultures, including British and Americans , confidence is somehow merged with full fledge arrogance because they view people who aren't vocal as weak or lack confidence and leadership abilities. Not saying you can't be quiet and arrogant but still.

Last edited:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Arrogance is a bad thing if we are speaking English

Look up the word

I hate conversations about words that don’t include the etymology and definition

ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT WORDS. THE HISTORY/BREAKDOWN OF THE WORDS WE USE IS VERY IMPORTANT. PEOPLE DON'T EVEN REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE SAYING SOMETIMES.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Arrogant:
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

synonyms: conceited, hubristic, self-important, opinionated, egotistic, full of oneself, superior
:yeshrug:
The key word there is exaggerated

In other words you think you are but you ain’t

Webster

"Arrogant" is often applied to that sense of superiority which comes from someone claiming (or arrogating) more consideration than is due to that person's position, dignity, or power.