Where did the term "thirsty" come from?

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I see it on this site a lot..the first time I heard it used was on that last Kendrick album..I've never heard anybody say it outside of this site and my friends don't say it cuz they're all 30 plus..we used to say "jocking".,,is it an Internet thing? Or am I just :flabbynsick:

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Lol I have no idea where it came from. Probably started with a group and other people picked it up.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Been hearing thirsty since I was in HS.

because we all know when you were in high school :stopitslime:

i wanna say "thirsty" started out in the greater LA area cause i remember usin that term about 6 or so years ago. i remember goin outta town and callin a bytch thirsty n all the people i was with were dyin cause they thought i just made it up on the spot. thought the term fit perfectly to the situation.

i let em believe i did :skip:

TrillSwag

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That term is old as hell and EVERYONE uses it. You live in some remote farm in Nebraska nikka?

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
That term is old as hell and EVERYONE uses it. You live in some remote farm in Nebraska nikka?

No. I live in Oakland. I've never heard it..we used to say "sweating" like you sweating her..or jocking her..I've never heard the term thirsty till like 6 months ago..must be an LA thing like dude said

concise

Veteran
Daps
I've been hearing thirsty since I was a kid in the 90s and I've always assumed it's even older than that.