Where are the homeless and the undocumented folks going to go during the Olympics 2028 in Los Angeles?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Tell them to go to the Midwest or the South where it is a lower cost of living and more job opportunities

Having no money/inconsistent income in California is the definition of insanity
I’ve had chances to go out there.. the Bay Area specifically. I’m scared to because the COL is outrageous and with the way they be laying people off there days, I just don’t know. Not trying to see myself living in the streets

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
ITT: The same nikkas that like to act like they gaf about black people's civil rights offhandedly joke about the murder of the LA homeless population, a population overwhelmingly and disproportionately black (8% of LA County, 31% of the homeless pop).
You're right. I'm sorry

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I’ve had chances to go out there.. the Bay Area specifically. I’m scared to because the COL is outrageous and with the way they be laying people off there days, I just don’t know. Not trying to see myself living in the streets

Yes I been to all parts of California. An oversaturated amount of job applicants for only a select few of available jobs. Very easy to become underemployed or full on unemployed. On top of high COL. You would see alot people commuting damn near Fresno to work in the Bay Area to escape that COL

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Probably new laws, to give them a reason to throw them into prison and maybe some Universal Basic Income

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I honestly don't think they'll do anything too significant. They'll probably just have a more than usual police and security presence around the Olympic vicinity. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a little help from the National Guard as security. I don't know why the homeless are the only topic of discussion, as LA also has many gangs and with territory within the vicinity who might see the opportunity to assault, rob, or extort Olympic athletes who may travel on foot or whatnot for leisure activities.

Homeless people have rights; you can't just forcibly pick them up off the street and bus them to some mysterious location to never be seen again until after the Olympics; it would be too transparent and make California officials look bad.

The only thing they can do is encourage the homeless to seek shelter and hope that they decide to go/stay. They have 4 years to wisely use this time to get it together to help the homeless off the streets, and maybe,e depending on how they choose to do so, it may lead to California being applauded.
They most definitely will do that as it happened before. As for the gangs, LA did a crackdown on organized crime for the 1984 Olympics and enact mass arrests and injunctions which indirectly lead to the 1992 riots. They'll most likely do it again in 2028

dfresh

Pro
Daps
Laws are going to get passed and they’re going to get pushed out to the inland empire and central valley.

Also expected a lot of gang sweeps and gang injunctions in the next 2 years.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
This an opportunity for my fellow Talented Tenth members, aka the 6%, to get their GRIFT ON!

What "humane" solution can you provide the very rich City of Los Angeles with?

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
There will always be homeless people

But I hope the people out there today find a way to make something shake in 4 years