When Your 7-Year-Old Son Says, 'I Want to Be Gay'

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/Ameli...-be-gay_b_4256272.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

I write a lot about my oldest son, but he is not my only. I am lucky enough to have a total of three sons. My other two are just as amazing as the first, in my totally biased opinion. My middle son is now 7, the same age that my oldest was when he started identifying as gay. It should not have been a shock to me that around this same age, my middle son would start having questions and opinions about his older brother's orientation, but it was. At first it was just a normal part of his life that wasn't interesting enough to think about. "My brother is gay, but does anyone want to play Mario Kart?" was pretty much his opinion on the subject. But that has started to change.

A few months ago, it was one of those horribly disgusting summer days where the heat and humidity just won't quit. As luck would have it, two of our very good friends, Sam and Toby, have a pool and invited us over to save us from the heat's torture. Sam and Toby live in a very cool and expensive part of town not too far from us. They have a house that our kids refer to as "the castle," and a carriage house that is bigger than our home. The boys love Sam and Toby and love visiting their place. We had been in the pool for a couple of hours, and all the manic energy that kids release in a body of water had dissipated. We were taking some time to just chill in the cool water.

My middle son was tired, so he was nestled against my chest as I floated on my back.

"Mom," he said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, baby?" I said sleepily.

"I want to be gay."

:banderas:

Read the rest at the sight. What do you do brehs? When your seven year old wants to be gay?

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
why would you WANT to be gay... I dont get that part... he didn't say he's gay he said he wants to.

I really don't know what I'd do.

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
why would you WANT to be gay... I dont get that part... he didn't say he's gay he said he wants to.

I really don't know what I'd do.
:usure: he's also 7 though. I'm sure even coming to the conclusion of GAY is extremely difficult. He could have very well just misspoke.

And to answer the question, I would support my children if this happened. :manny:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2009sw4459.gif

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
:usure: he's also 7 though. I'm sure even coming to the conclusion of GAY is extremely difficult. He could have very well just misspoke.

And to answer the question, I would support my children if this happened. :manny:
man i used to just want a son because it would be easier than having a daughter... now i gotta be scared and look out for this shyt.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I would ask him why, especially if his older brother is gay. Then after he gave his answer I would let it go. :manny: