When you get bitten by a zombie, how long to turn?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I wish there was a general consensus on this. I was just watching world war z and folks were like turning like 5 seconds after being bitten.

Iike :wtf:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Im Pretty Sure In WWZ They Mentioned It Could Take Anywhere From 5 Seconds To 10 Mins

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Really depends on what kind of Zombie you get bit by, friend. If its an army grade return of the living dead zombie you have many many hours, id say close to 8 before you turn. If its a 28 days later zombie, one drop of blood in an open wound and you transform in some seconds. If its a wwz zombie, the same. There is no consensus because each zombie is created by a different laboratory.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i enjoy the modern take on zombies but i'm a purist at heart.

The Zombie Survival Guide is the zombie bible, so if you have any zombie related questions you should read that.
it's an informative, technical, all encompassing take on the science behind zombies

if a zombie bites you and it is a bite that would normally not be fatal then you will get a fever.
the fever will get worse as the days go by and then you will die...then soon after you will rise again.

if you are bitten and you die from the bite it's self because you bleed to death then you will turn into
a zombie pretty quickly so long as the virus from the bite had time to pump to your brain.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
obviously, also i wasnt liking how fast the zombies were moving in world war z, dudes were like usain bolt out there, then im watching the walking dead and they like sid bream on the basepath

:mindblown:

yeah. i like the slow moving moving horde.

it's the snail paced, relentless and unstoppable force that gives you time to think about what is out there....i like that.
it's almost a metaphor for mortality it's self.
death is coming for us all but it's doing it at it's own pace...that's what the old school zombies are to me.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
i enjoy the modern take on zombies but i'm a purist at heart.

The Zombie Survival Guide is the zombie bible, so if you have any zombie related questions you should read that.
it's an informative, technical, all encompassing take on the science behind zombies

if a zombie bites you and it is a bite that would normally not be fatal then you will get a fever.
the fever will get worse as the days go by and then you will die...then soon after you will rise again.

if you are bitten and you die from the bite it's self because you bleed to death then you will turn into
a zombie pretty quickly so long as the virus from the bite had time to pump to your brain.
that is the correct answer. In short, keep in mind that a zombie is the 'living dead'. You have to die first. if you die as a result of an attack or major bite, you rise quickly...if not, you progressively die and then rise.

good reponse