When they got the money in Dead Presidents, why didn't they leave town?

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yeah they should have left town immediately...with the hispanic dude and the chick both gettin killed it was only a matter of time before they made the connection to Anthony. One thing I know for sure - that movie has the GOAT SOUNDTRACK

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
How they even get caught?

cuz soon fter the robbery they cut to the next scene with them countin up nd the cops came through.

felt like the end was kinda rushed

:dwillhuh:

It was weeks after that. Bokeem Woodbine was acting a fool giving away money to his parish and he dropped dime

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006

cuz soon fter the robbery they cut to the next scene with them countin up nd the cops came through.

I felt the same way...all of that buildup to the end and it seemed like th emovie started to fall apart and the conclusion was hastily rushed.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Just abruptly leaving town would look suspicious.

Not it wouldn't look suspicious. Kirby was sort of a mob boss so nobody would've said nothing bout him. Even if suspicious they would've been long gone. I wish they made it to Mexico, I was screaming for them to hurry up.:damn:

What's funny is they had time to leave, ain't no way them agents got dude to snitch and had enough time to catch up

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
fukk Juanita. :pacspit: All that pressure and shame she put on Anthony got him locked up and her sister killed.

Yeah she was killing that man, no type of positive reinforcement or help. Not to mention he had to deal with that pimp:snoop: Imagine having to deal with that pimp nikka who most likely had goons. I'd have taken the L and left Juanita, only sending money for baby girl:hubie:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Bokeem Woodbine got flashy with the money and got picked up by the cops maybe like two months later. He snitched on Anthony and the crew.

The reason they didn’t leave was because one was a junkie (Skip) one had a baby on the way (Anthony) one was already laying low (Kirby) and the other was the idiot preacher.

Anthony was on the outs with Juanita, but the entire reason he committed the robbery in the first place was to support bis daughter and the upcoming baby. He would NEVER have abandoned his family until there was absolutely no other choice.

Skip was a junkie. Junkies don’t have the best of judgement.

Bokime could have been smart and laundered the money through his church but we all saw what HIS dumb ass did.

Thats why at the end Anthony and Kirby were preparing to go on the run to Mexico. They had no other choice after Bokime got picked up