When there is character creator in game, do you make white characters?

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
It depend on how good I can make the black character look. Hogwarts Legacy had a lot of good black feature options. Most games don't tho so I just make em white or asian or something ridiculous like they are an alien.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It depend on how good I can make the black character look. Hogwarts Legacy had a lot of good black feature options. Most games don't tho so I just make em white or asian or something ridiculous like they are an alien.
Hogwarts legacy made me forget it was a created character. by the end of my playthrough i thought he was the canon protagonist until i saw other people with different characters. :russ:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nope.

Meaning to ask too, what are some of the best character creation games? Like top 3?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nope.

Meaning to ask too, what are some of the best character creation games? Like top 3?

Dragon’s Dogma 2
Nioh/Team Ninja games
Demon’s Souls

People are gonna say Hogwarts because you get good black hair options and realistic features but theres only like 5 types of characters you can make

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Dragon’s Dogma 2
Nioh/Team Ninja games
Demon’s Souls

People are gonna say Hogwarts because you get good black hair options and realistic features but theres only like 5 types of characters you can make
I also appreciate that the voice was more or less believable coming from a young black student.
Some character creators you can do a good job creating a black person, and still sounds like the whitest person ever doing the VA work.
Mass Effect i had to just settle for a white shepard, because i cringed hearing a character modeled after myself sounding like him
little things like that bother me. In Cyberpunk i make a black V, but i still feel like i sound like vanilla ice when i talk.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I also appreciate that the voice was more or less believable coming from a young black student.
Some character creators you can do a good job creating a black person, and still sounds like the whitest person ever doing the VA work.
Mass Effect i had to just settle for a white shepard, because i cringed hearing a character modeled after myself sounding like him
little things like that bother me. In Cyberpunk i make a black V, but i still feel like i sound like vanilla ice when i talk.

If its a voiced character i go with women, it a bit more believable

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Depends on the game.

I usually go with a female character regardless, male always look like some weird action figure in most games.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Black is my first choice but I've made other races for different playthroughs. Had a White, Latino, and Indian Inquisitors for DAI. Made an Asian for the first time for Dragon's Dogma 2 to fullfill the PAAGset fantasy :blessed:

UIz6m7x.jpg

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Black is my first choice but I've made other races for different playthroughs. Had a White, Latino male, and Indian Inquisitors for DAI. Made an Asian for the first time for Dragon's Dogma 2 to fullfill the PAAGset fantasy :blessed:

UIz6m7x.jpg

PAAGS are the only acceptable alternative :ehh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
PAAGS are the only acceptable alternative :ehh:

:yeshrug: A while back in another thread like this I mentioned that I don't try to "immerse" with the main characters when I play a game so I can play as whatever. I mostly use CC's to beat the looks of the defaults or making the most unique faces I can.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I don't think I ever have. I don't try to make myself, cuz I'm neither patient or adept enough with these editors to get close to making them look like me. But I'll generally make them black, sometimes around my complexion and sometimes a lil darker. Male or female is dependent upon the game and other factors of how the design is and whatnot. I'll typically make about 1 of each tho (black male, black female).