Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
My prediction:Cleveland in 6

Keys to victory for the Cavs:

Defensively:
1.Switch everything-If GS ends up with a mismatch after the switch and wants to play iso ball,let them...GS strength is body movement/ball movement,not one on one iso ball.

2.Guard against all back door cuts and ball screen slips-When a GS player anticipates a switch or overplay.The counter move is to go back door or slip the screen...Cleveland needs to use the "Lock and Trail" defense on Curry,Thompson,and Durant.

The "Lock and Trail" Defense explained

3.Transition defense-Get back,stop the basketball,and get out to the shooters.

4.Defensive rebounding-Block out...Limit GS's second opportunities.

5.Communication-When your man is in the process of setting a screen,let him know before the screen contact is made.This will give him an opportunity to react in a timely manner.

6.Never leave Curry/Thompson to double Durant-When during scores 38+ points,GS is 1-6...when Durant takes 22 or more fg's in a game,GS is 10-9....GS offense is at it's most explosive when Curry/Thompson are hitting 3's...The defensive strategy should be built around containing Curry/Thompson.

7.Keep a body on Curry/Thompson at all times-When GS gets an offensive rebound.Curry/Thompson will run to another spot behind the 3 pt line.When Curry/Thompson misses a shot in the paint area and GS gets the offensive rebound.Curry/Thompson will run back out to the 3 pt line...Continue to chase Curry/Thompson even on missed shots

8.Make D.Green a scorer-Don't ever double team Green.

Offensively:

1.Lebron needs to be aggressive taking the ball to the basket-Collapse GS defense,then pass it to the open shooter..The warriors will sometimes "stunt" on Lebron's drives to the basket.Forcing him to prematurely give up the basketball when he could've just driven the ball all the way to the basket.

What is a "Stunt"
(A “stunt” is when a defender quickly lunges at an offensive player that is not his assignment before jumping back to his man.)

2.Limit the Turnovers-Lebron every so often will have a high turnover game against GS...The 3 main causes for LBJ's turnover are:

A.Long lazy looping passes to K.Love in the paint.
B.Cross court passes.
C.Passing the ball back to the 3 pt shooter after GS "stunts"...GS is able to cut the ball off because they did not fully commit to the double team,they only "stunted".

3.K.Love needs to play like an all-star(22p/12r)

4.G.Hill needs to be offensive minded-Take the ball right at Curry...No hesitation on open shots...Come of the screens looking to score....He's a good shooter.

5.TT,Nance,and Green need to stay aggressive

6.Cleveland needs to hit 40% of their 3 ptfg attempts-Especially Korver,Smith,and Love.

7.Wild Cards:Clarkson and Hood...If we can get a couple of double-digit scoring games from either one of them,that would be a tremendous boost.....I know it hasn't happened yet.But maybe the familiarity of playing a Western Conference team will like a fire under them.

8.Coach Lue-Put the right offensive,and defensive combinations on the court.Make the timely adjustments/substitutions.Call timeouts when necessary.Give Hood an opportunity to redeem himself.

Cavs in 6.

So you're saying it's cavs in 6 if all these things happen on your wishlist, disregarding what GS does. Not that it'll be Cavs in 6 because they are the better team and better equipped to win this series. :mjlol:

I like how you included "stunting" and various other things from LeBron's postgame conferences and regurgitating them like you really are knowledgeable about the game :dead:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Props for the detailed post and all but basically what you are saying is if Cleveland plays flawlessly and GS falls into their traps, makes no adjustments and their D is meh, Cleveland could win. Do you really think this is gonna happen?

For 6 or 7 games?...No...But for 4 games?...Maybe.

I can see Cleveland getting blown out in 2 games....But winning 4 out of 5 close games.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
As long as Iggy misses a bunch of games or the entire series Cavs will have a shot. Switching on everything worked for Houston and they were up 3-2 and had 15 point leads in both game 6 and 7 until they choke it away with missing 3s. This is the best version of Bron and nikkas forget he's been pacing himself all year long taking plays off not caring on defense. Like I said if Iggy is out this series Cavs have a shot.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
So you're saying it's cavs in 6 if all these things happen on your wishlist, disregarding what GS does. Not that it'll be Cavs in 6 because they are the better team and better equipped to win this series. :mjlol:

I like how you included "stunting" and various other things from LeBron's postgame conferences and regurgitating them like you really are knowledgeable about the game :dead:

Wow,what do we have here?......A Coli genius trying to marginalize and discredit another poster just because they have a different opinion.This board is filled with a bunch of insecure,emotional grown ass boys.

Last edited:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
1.jpg

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Wow,what do we have here?......A Coli genius trying to marginalize and discredit another poster just because they have a different opinion.This board is fill with a bunch of insecure,emotional grown ass boys.

You know what breh, you right. I shouldn't have said that. I apologize. :hubie:

That being said I still think it's a misguided opinion. I can see if you said, if these things happened I think the Cavs win in 6. But to say Cavs in 6, assuming they follow my guidelines, disregarding what GS does to mitigate it, is misguided, in my opinion. There's a lot of big IFs in your scenario.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP gonna pretend like he aint see me posting 3-6 Mafia videos in the other threads. I was the only one doing it :mjlol:

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
:russ: That would be the definition of petty and while that would be hilarious I wouldn't even want them to jinx it until the Warriors are guaranteed victory. Still too much basketball to be played and too many things can happen (injuries) for them to come out the gate pulling stunts like this lol...but I would tune in just to see that shyt :lolbron:
le juicy j

:blessed: