When the Reebok Pumps first came out.....

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
....had the la gear pumps :francis:

REGULATORSSSSSSSSS!!!

I didn't get a pair when they first dropped either. The first basketball shoe that made me :noah:

I copped these though in all black similar to these.
SFreaker_DJ_Senatore_063.jpg

Uncomfortable as fukk :scusthov:

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
Did anyone ever get the Converse React Juice kicks? (Larry Johnson) or the L.A. Gear Catapults? (Karl Malone) I was always curious what their gimmicks were like but no one ever copped them 'round here.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
the pumps where everywhere back in the day....they where truly a early-mid 90's staple......had like 4 pairs as a kid....thing is they where not a trendy groundbreaking shoe on the level of J's, penny's, air max they where just a cool casual shoe to rock you couldn't go wrong with.....

:mjcry: I had them too, my parents weren't gonna pay for the Pumps

hswjkev-png.5888
are those b.........

my peoples didnt have a lot of money themselves but kid r us on the low always had a young nugga fleek.........

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
At the time, was that not the coolest shoe ever?

I don't know how old y'all were, but alot of kids believed they were gonna make you jump higher & play better. :blessed: Dee Brown pumping up his shoes during the dunk contest is one of the GOAT marketing moments.

Best shoe gimmick ever.

reebok-pump-basketball-1990-a.jpg

lossy-page1-493px-November_24_1989.tif.jpg

reebokpumpjuly14b.jpg

PumpOmni.JPG
I wanted some of those Blacktop Pumps so bad. No shoe gimmick captivated me like these did.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I always wanted to pump them, but never had a pair to pump. Lol@ them not making ur basketball skills any better. Also the Ewing's are rather nice, I'd wear them with leggings & a belted off shirt & my hair pulled into a bun.

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
the pumps where everywhere back in the day....they where truly a early-mid 90's staple......had like 4 pairs as a kid....thing is they where not a trendy groundbreaking shoe on the level of J's, penny's, air max they where just a cool casual shoe to rock you couldn't go wrong with.....

hswjkev-png.5888
are those b.........

my peoples didnt have a lot of money themselves but kid r us on the low always had a young nugga fleek.........
Man those Pumps were running for around 100 dollars back then, I was young and my feet were growing fast so my parents didn't feel like paying 100 dollars for a shoe when next year I would probably need a new shoe.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never owned a pair. They were too big and clunky. I was all Nike from jump. No Ewings, no pumps, no Cons, strictly Nike.