When people use the term DEI to critic movies and casting choices…

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Are they saying they prefer white actors 99% of the time?

White male actors have to be the lead, and black actors have to play sidekicks while women play the love interest?
ice-cube-yes-71ebuxqo2hbyab32.gif

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehhh, it's a real term in corporate America. I'm in the military, and we have programs called DEI programs.

Diversity and inclusion are great and should be celebrated. That's the United States living up to it's highest ideals.

Equity, I'm more confused on. If we mean equity as a synonym for equality, great (don't why we wouldn't just use equality though). If we mean equity as in equal outcomes, that's just a pipe dream.
No shyt:comeon:. The thread is about the people that use it online as a pejorative. No different from people talking about Critical Race Theory online.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
People are using that term to disqualify and discredit individuals. It’s nothing more than that.

They can’t stand different cultural views other than their own and more than likely have little understanding of their own. They also lack stability with their own identity so they deny others out of fear.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Ehhh, it's a real term in corporate America. I'm in the military, and we have programs called DEI programs.

Diversity and inclusion are great and should be celebrated. That's the United States living up to it's highest ideals.

Equity, I'm more confused on. If we mean equity as a synonym for equality, great (why we wouldn't just use the word equality though). If we mean equity as in equal outcomes, that's just a pipe dream.

equality-equity.png

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
DEI was botched from the beginning because it could be easily tied to chronically online Twitter users, some of whom oversaw these initiatives, who would tweet provocatively for the accolades of their audience to the detriment of their job/cause. It was just a content farm of rage bait for right wing grifters to harvest and feed to their brain-dead audience. Also, a lot of product/content had DEI ideals slapped onto an inferior or hairbrained concept. Corporations have used it as a way to generate investment for the ultra-wealthy who want to cleanse their conscience but not actually do anything to undermine the status quo that got us to this point in the first place. I hate that our unique issues and gripes are lumped in with all of the other DEI bullshyt ultimately watering it down and turning it into a joke. Also, Democrats need to stop letting these Neanderthals continuously weaponize their terminology.