When Larry Holmes ascends to heaven will his Smiley be retired?

Daps
It's funny. Larry Holmes would have made short work of Tupac when he made that comment.

Artists talking out the side of their neck to fighters will never not be funny to me.
Even though I agree that Larry would've beat the hell out of Pac, and that all fighters deserve a certain level of respect, it doesn't make them immune from jokes.

Especially when you're doing shyt like this :mjlol:

I think where the Holmes disrespect is actually meaningful, is when it comes to his historical ranking as a fighter, and always being seen as the bad guy (vs. Ali, vs. Tyson, vs. Marciano's record).

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
There couldn't be two more different blacks than Larry Holmes and Pac) And I really like both of them and they're like linked forever. I also saw a recent interview of Holmes where I noticed health issues. But remember Holmes turns 75 this year & had 75 fights against many big punchers...

:jbhmm:

Holmes, and Foreman for matter, seem to have had good health considering their long careers.

The most noticeable and common thing you see with boxers suffering brain damage is the slurred speech. Holmes always had a lisp, but I didn’t really notice any slurring, and pretty much sounded the same when I heard him in an interview a few years ago.

Holmes may have health issues now, but he’s 75, so it could easily be non-related.

Holmes also did really well for himself with his real estate, unlike many boxers who have money issues. He has one of the better post-boxing stories regarding boxing greats.