When do you guys begin cutting?

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
I now change my stance on this after further research. U usually want to start cutting at about 17-18% body fat. Once u hit past that then muscle gain starts to slow down and fat gains increase

U mean if u bulk at below 17%? Cuz u can cleanly cut sub 10% while maintaing most muscle mass and losing fat

el3mentary

Piff Wallace
Daps
Reppin
West, West
U mean if u bulk at below 17%? Cuz u can cleanly cut sub 10% while maintaing most muscle mass and losing fat

This article explains it better:
Let’s take the same example with the guy starting at 15% body fat. If he takes the first 7-9 weeks to drop his body fat to 9-10% then he’ll be able to eat at a surplus for at least the next 6 or 7 months without going over 15% bf and losing definition.

So in order to gain 10-15lbs of muscle he would go from 10% to 14% instead of going from 15% to 19%. That is a BIG visual difference in aesthetics!

Not only that, but there is evidence that suggests you make better lean gains when you’re under 15% body fat.

Get Lean before Bulking - Here's why - ThinkEatLift

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
This article explains it better:
Let’s take the same example with the guy starting at 15% body fat. If he takes the first 7-9 weeks to drop his body fat to 9-10% then he’ll be able to eat at a surplus for at least the next 6 or 7 months without going over 15% bf and losing definition.

So in order to gain 10-15lbs of muscle he would go from 10% to 14% instead of going from 15% to 19%. That is a BIG visual difference in aesthetics!

Not only that, but there is evidence that suggests you make better lean gains when you’re under 15% body fat.

Get Lean before Bulking - Here's why - ThinkEatLift
yea thats the route everyone usually takes. Get lean lose fat then bulk. You might lose some of your six pack but for the most part u gain little to no fat back and get results through your muscles.

semtex

:)
Daps
Never overeat. I became low-key chubby in college out of paranoia that I wouldn't get enough protein (hard to track macros when you can't see the nutrition stats on the food you're eating). Never really should have gotten over 215ish lbs. On the bright side I've leaned out quite a bit right here at 226lbs. People think I have lost 15lbs when I've only lost 5.