When did YouTube turn into QVC for millennials and zoomers?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I remember I used to watch YouTube and watch normal people post content about stuff that interested them and give opinions and have a dialog. At some point things turned into 2 and 3 layers of advertising. Somebody sent a free product to review shilling me Hello Fresh, D-Brand skins, and Nord VPN as well as t-shirts and other merch with their YouTube channel branding on it that nobody is gonna know in everyday life.

After doing that then they get into some watered down review where they don't really give a conclusive take on the product as not to offend the manufacturer so they can continue to get free shyt. It's either that or somebody that probably doesn't even have a college degree shilling their classes and lectures or some sort of lifestyle plan. It's only 2 layers of ads for me because I'm YouTube Premium but some also have to deal with the ads YouTube puts on those videos.

It hurts my heart to see all these YouTubers begging me to smash the like button, sub, and comment even using the exact same phrases as each other chasing the algorithm unable to even make content they want to make anymore. It's just another soul sucking job with shyt benefits but a better work life balance.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
it is the way

The United States has arrived at the stage of ubiquitous advertising, in which all conceivable public space is dedicated to advertising, including checkout lines, gas pumps, ATM machines, and urinals. Place-based video screens show advertisements in public spaces, such as gas stations and doctor’s offices. Advertisers also reach consumers in nontraditional ways, including podcasts, blogs, video games, e-mail messages, cell phones, and video on demand.

Media Literacy, Art Silverblatt

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Eh it's annoying but I just skip past or tune out the paid shilling at this point. YouTubers want to get their coins too

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yall really say Zoomers:mjlol:

Yall use the lamest social media slang
What the hell do you call them then? It ain’t lame social media slang that’s what that generation is called just like people call Generation Y millennials. Have you ever really heard people commonly call those generations Y and Z? The only one that gets that treatment is Generation X.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
It’s fukkin terrible 3 mins into the vid mid sentence a random ass ad break then it goes directly into sponsored content. Then another ad. Now YouTube & copyright claimers can place ads without you even knowing. The FCC needs to come in to regulate this shyt. unfortunately it’ll never stop because Netflix changed the way we consume content. Constant content = constant ads

The only person I subscribed to is Larry Buddy jr because he knows how to do ad breaks.

Last edited: