When did Ric Flair fall off?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
06ish when dude was doing hardcore matches with Big Show :francis:. Even though the later WCW years Flair was a complete wash, he still was a big deal to the crowd. His early WWE 2000s run was even better, but somehow the mid 2000s was were he fell the hell off. Once he hit IMPACT it was a wrap :unimpressed:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Going to Impact was the end for me but Flair always got a great crowd reaction his entire career, he wasn’t gonna main event as a 60+ year old man in the WWE in the 00s that’s just unrealistic but he was always entertaining and always in the mix

Impact just felt like he needed a check

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Going to Impact was the end for me but Flair always got a great crowd reaction his entire career, he wasn’t gonna main event as a 60+ year old man in the WWE in the 00s that’s just unrealistic but he was always entertaining and always in the mix

Impact just felt like he needed a check

:mjlol:Dude treated IMPACT like that KFC commercial during Southpaw Regional Wrestling.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I would say he was never the same physically after his shoulder injury in the fall of 1996, but mentally and emotionally he really checked out during the Russo period of WCW and especially the shyt with David and Russo and was never the same guy in or out of the ring even if he still had a lot of entertaining moments and matches over the next decade.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know what y’all were watching, but character wise Flair was light years better in Impact. He was a shell of himself in WWE, but he was cut loose in Impact and it showed in his promos. He even had some good matches during that run.
What good matches did he have in impact?

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
When was Ric Flair's last great year as a wrestler and when did he start to fall off?

I would say 1994 was his last great year.

1992 when he was in the WWF and heavily promoted as the real world's champion yet couldn't draw at house shows with Hogan so they changed the Wrestlemania main even to Hogan/Sid. Then he dropped the title to Macho Man then and soon after a mid carder named Bret Hart.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Flair had flashes of brilliance well into his 50’s and this is coming from a big lil stinger.

89 was the end of his “prime” per say if we need a “he fell off point” but he still had many great moments after.

he still still gotdamn good even in Jim Herd’s early 90’s and Bischoff’s late 90’s era of trying to run him outta the biz.

Slamboree 97 For instance.

He was still on point. He was still with it for the most part at mania vs taker somehow even.

this comes from someone that as a fan should really hate him

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Flair had flashes of brilliance well into his 50’s and this is coming from a big lil stinger.

89 was the end of his “prime” per say if we need a “he fell off point” but he still had many great moments after.

he still still gotdamn good even in Jim Herd’s early 90’s and Bischoff’s late 90’s era of trying to run him outta the biz.

Slamboree 97 For instance.

He was still on point. He was still with it for the most part at mania vs taker somehow even.

this comes from someone that as a fan should really hate him
You always respect the guys you hated when you were a kid more when you get older I think, I couldn’t stand Vince McMahon when I was a kid, he made me so mad how he always fukked Austin and now he’s one of my favorite on screen characters ever.

I also remember almost crying when the nWo hit the rock with that truck and now that’s one of my favorite segments ever :pachaha: