When Did FX Channel Turn Into HBO?

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HBO has been flabby breh i don't know why you can't see it.

They're lucky Westworld popped off because they woulda been in real trouble after thrones.

The Deuce was cool last fall but no one watched it.

Their last big show ratings wise was Big Little Lies over a year ago.

FX has given us 4 or 5 dope shows right now and HBO gives us s5 of Silicon Valley And Barry.

They do have the 2 highest rated non Walking Dead cable shows on tv yes but they are so top heavy and the rest of the lineup is so weak that it's like a triple double but shooting 7-28
Their top shyt still comes thru and crushes the buildings though....and it's never about ratings. The Deuce will be dope all the way thru like The Wire was even if not a lot of people were watching....and you left out some of the best shyt from the past year like Leftovers, Curb, Veep, Insecure. I always have faith that they'll deliver more top call but shyt as other shows end. Wether its...
Big Little Lies season 2
True Dectective 3 with Marshala Ali
The Fahrnheit 451 movie with Michael B Jordan
The Watchmen Series by Damie Lindelof
Sharp Objects from Gillian Flynn

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
HBO is always putting new stuff out. How can channels that have never had anything on the level of what HBO "needs to worry about ending soon" be better than them?:dwillhuh:

The Leftovers ended last year and premiered to mediocre ratings and very divisive reviews yet ended on people's all time lists. HBO is obviously willing to drop a lot of bread on certain shows budgets (word to the "sequel" to Band of Brothers and The Pacific when that drops) but they've been just as if not relatively more successful churning out quality "low budget" series/limited/miniseries. The channel is annually leading in Emmy nominations for its shows. Those guys can randomly drop something like The Night Of and the shyt gets double digit Emmy noms.

Will losing Game of Thrones hurt? Of course it will. Could you imagine Game of Thrones on another channel?:mjlol:nikkas talmbout what's HBO gonna do when Game of Thrones is over as if any of these other outlets are dropping anything near Game of Thrones quality. What's FX dropping that's pulling Sons of Anarchy numbers(American Horror Story, maybe)? What's AMC dropping that's seeing Mad Men in quality or even Breaking Bad in quality? There's no such thing as replacing Game of Thrones:yeshrug:I could sit here and list all the stuff they have in pre-production(it's a lot), but that's besides the point. I remember before Game of Thrones dropped and nikkas were more excited for an upcoming Starz original called Camelot that was dropping at the same time:pachaha:At the time I was excited for both and figured I've never heard of Game of Thrones but it's HBO, I'm in:manny:Nobody was going crazy for Westworld before the premiere. Same for True Detective season 1. I'm sorry, but I'm going to put my faith behind the channel that has been producing the best television out for two decades, breh.

You're trippin breh there was buzz for those shows before they started. One of those shows dropped int he midle of the Mconnaisance.

And I get what you're saying, but this is peak TV. I'm going to side with a network that feeds me year round rather than the network that gives me a nice steak every other year.

I also find HBO is getting showtime level reliant on their comedies and giving them runs of :flabbynsick: proportions.

Their top shyt still comes thru and crushes the buildings though....and it's never about ratings. The Deuce will be dope all the way thru like The Wire was even if not a lot of people were watching....and you left out some of the best shyt from the past year like Leftovers, Curb, Veep, Insecure. I always have faith that they'll deliver more top call but shyt as other shows end. Wether its...
Big Little Lies season 2

I will admit that all but one show on my TV mount rushmore is from HBO, but their development pipeline is notoriously slow and they need to speed that shyt up for this binge era or they're gonna get left in the dust IMO.

They announce shyt all the time that never comes to fruition (sup Fincher) so we'll see if we get everything on that list you mentioned.

And I'm not holding my breath on TD s3 even if Marshala is in it after what a shytshow s2 was.

451 looks dope though, and though I'd prefer Big Little Lies kept to one season, i'll still watch.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You're trippin breh there was buzz for those shows before they started. One of those shows dropped int he midle of the Mconnaisance.

And I get what you're saying, but this is peak TV. I'm going to side with a network that feeds me year round rather than the network that gives me a nice steak every other year.

I also find HBO is getting showtime level reliant on their comedies and giving them runs of :flabbynsick: proportions.

I will admit that all but one show on my TV mount rushmore is from HBO, but their development pipeline is notoriously slow and they need to speed that shyt up for this binge era or they're gonna get left in the dust IMO.

They announce shyt all the time that never comes to fruition (sup Fincher) so we'll see if we get everything on that list you mentioned.

And I'm not holding my breath on TD s3 even if Marshala is in it after what a shytshow s2 was.

451 looks dope though, and though I'd prefer Big Little Lies kept to one season, i'll still watch.
I did genuinely forget the run McConagawd was on, but no one knew those first seasons would have quite they impact they did. I think the larger point is that unlike when Sopranos was going off the air and everyone was wondering what HBO would do, there's so many options out here now. With that said, I still have the most faith in HBO to get the big names while also giving the content creators the most creative freedom. Depending on how this season of Westworld goes, HBO might have the next "biggest" show on television, after Game of Thrones ends, already. If you think about it, they essentially have until end of 2019/2020 before the panic button has to be pressed on them not having anything worth watching.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Shield :wow:

The Americans :wow:

Fargo :wow:

Legion :wow:

Atlanta :wow:

Even Trust can get in on this too :wow:

.......and then there was one.

American Horror Story on FX is like that one kid in class who everyone knows stinks.

Just to add on
The People v O.J. :wow:
Sunny :wow:

Justified :wow:

Terriers :wow:

You're the Worst :wow:

Archer :wow:

Feud :wow:

FX Been feeding us

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Big Little Lies season 2
All those projects have potential to be great (and I think True Detective as a franchise will bounce back big with S3), but I can kinda see what he was saying. HBO was looking post-S6 Kings Landing status after the flops that were True Detective S2 and Vinyl. They've been steadily regaining their mojo with the shows you mentioned, but there was uncertainty among some folks regarding the state of the network. And rightfully so.

:scust: they ain't been the same since Breaking Bad and Mad Men ended
Fixed.

Showtime is Chum Bucket. :hhh:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
If it weren’t for GOT and Insecure I wouldn’t fukk with HBO at ALL. They don’t got shyt else to care about except when I’m in the mood for reruns of Entourage
shyt If I didn't have my in-laws password for HBO, I wouldn't have that channel at all. Or I'd be downloading indivisible episodes from the torrents and airplaying them to Apple TV.