When a player answers a question a reporter ask....

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Reporters in general. The vast majority are useless.

Nobody needs their articles to inform you of anything. You saw the game. You know what happened. If you want understanding, there are analysis and metrics websites.

Mike Lupica never told you shyt you needed to know. Ever.
Mike Lupica writes editorials. He’s not the one asking those questions in pressers. He writes books and stuff. He doesn’t do nuts and bolts postgame stuff. He may take an answer someone says and infer his take.

And breh, perhaps you didn’t watch the game. Post games are for people who wanna know what the players thought. Even if you did and you have your own conclusions you still want a first hand account if you can get one. Reporters are talking to people who didn’t see the game too. At the end of the day, you weren’t on that court, so even your best educational guess is no substitute to whatever a player or coach says.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Reporters in general. The vast majority are useless.

Nobody needs their articles to inform you of anything. You saw the game. You know what happened. If you want understanding, there are analysis and metrics websites.

Mike Lupica never told you shyt you needed to know. Ever.

So how do you know what's going on in the world?

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
While I think the reporters who try to create controversy and/or insert their name in the story are deserving of blame, I think the audience deserves a lot of blame too for having an appetite for a lot of this bullshyt.

Like any time they talk to Westbrook, they have to ask at least one question about Durant because that's all some people are tuning in for. And even though the Dodgers bullpen is unhittable and they closed the game out as expected, Dave Roberts has to field questions that are challenging and ridiculing his decision to pull Kershaw. Sports fans are stupid :manny:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you talking about sideline reporters or reporters in general? Keep in mind the goal isn’t to enlighten you. It’s to inform you of what went down. It’s not on them to give you a Rev Run lesson on what happened. Leave that for editorials. The people who ask these questions just wanna get their 500 words in and get it to the paper by the time they print.
What were your thoughts on Adam Schefter & the JPP incident?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sadly even in the social media era the mainstream media still controls how the general public thinks. This site is an example.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
There are ways to answer or evade "controversial questions" without rubbing people the wrong way. That's the whole point of media training.

Replying to certain questions with "I had rather not comment on that" "I'm not qualified to answer that question, you will have to ask so and so" "can we keep it basketball related" or if all else fails, just flat out lie. If you are willing to keep it 100 on every interview then be ready to deal with any backlash as well:yeshrug: