What's Your Protocol For Looking People In The Eye????

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I remember specifically an older male relative telling me as an early teen NWA to always look people in the eye. I'm not exactly sure where the conversation came from, but it has stuck with me ever since. That's great general advice.....but he never said that the shiit has to have some social protocols to it, cause although in theory, especially as a man, it seems to show you have some confidence....in today's world especially, you gotta recognize WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO, WHY YOU ARE TALKING TO THEM, AND WHERE AT.

Let's be reality here....the shiit can be uncomfortable for people, b/se if you are having a basic congenial conversation, during those seconds, you can't just stare at a person, unless its a female you like and you trying to eyefuuck her so she know what you want. Even then, talking and looking people in their eye has unsaid protocols, like if its a married woman who is your supervisor or dean, do you stare them in the eye, even though its about "business". Recently, I was at a job interview and my relatives words entered into my head and I was staring right at the interviewer, congenially and in contemplation, as he is explaining stuff to me, but his eyes get averted and I'm looking dead on. However, I recognize the uncomfortableness and avert my eyes as if I'm thinking, which is normal stuff. Another interview had literally 5 interviewers (4 females and 1 male) looking, analyzing, and smiling at me, and in this instance I'm looking at each one for a few seconds and ocasionally off into space as I'm talking or as they are explaining something to me..

Long story short, NOT trying over think this :laugh:, but...............Whats YOUR Protocols for Talking and Looking Someone in the Eyeballs?? Dos and Don'ts ................. :whoo:

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
look every person straight in the eye and hold it there. Especially in meetings where confidence is key (interviews, to a woman, serious convos, to another man, etc).

Not in a staring way, but couple it with facial expressions, etc to play with the mood. but the underlying theme that has to be said in the eyes is: :birdman:... Dont look IN the eye, but THROUGH the eye. Trust me they will take notice, it feels like you are looking inside them. It establishes an alpha factor subconsciously.

I only break for a quick lookaway when its completely unnecessary to wield that dominance/tension in demeanor. This is done intentionally to make it a loose interaction. If you ever notice yourself breaking without full intent, know what the person is subconsciously dominating you and vice versa.

thoushallhustle

All Star
Daps
I always feel like Im doing it wrong but people always say how confident I appear when they first meet me :yeshrug: I look at the eyebrow and bridge of nose mostly...Sometimes when I zone out during a conversation I look at their chest area and they think im eye fukking them :scusthov:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah I can't just look nikkas in the eye like we having a staring contest.....women I do always becuz a lot of times it tells the whole story...it can easily fluster or get a smirk out of a woman that has an attraction to u but who may be kinda shy about it.....and a woman who's confident y'all will basically have sex with each other thru eye contact lol.....my look deep into the eyes,then directly at the puzzy,then back in the eyes strategy has a 90% success rate....I typically use it at work and to pass time when I'm at church

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Nah I can't just look nikkas in the eye like we having a staring contest.....women I do always becuz a lot of times it tells the whole story...it can easily fluster or get a smirk out of a woman that has an attraction to u but who may be kinda shy about it.....and a woman who's confident y'all will basically have sex with each other thru eye contact lol.....my look deep into the eyes,then directly at the puzzy,then back in the eyes strategy has a 90% success rate....I typically use it at work and to pass time when I'm at church
this bytch mind fukked me a couple days ago, she was staring in my eye and her eyes is so big i kept breaking away. she dominated me, i felt less like a man when she left

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i only look women in the eyes. if i'm talking to a guy i look away. it aint about being a coward or whatever. sh1t is just gay to be staring into another man's eyes.

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I look at everyone straight in the eye even from far away. That 100 yard stare shows no fear man. You don't have to ice grill, you just lettin people know you seasoned and ain't fallin for the okie doke. It lets others know you're confident. There is also this freaky 6th sense, unspoken language with eye contact too especially with females.

Daps
I stare everyone in the eye. shyt gets awkward and sometimes I do that quick look away. But that shyt works out with females. I was on the bus just looking this chick in the eye and wound up getting her number. I was a little high at the same time but still.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
14sntcy.gif

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

this bytch mind fukked me a couple days ago, she was staring in my eye and her eyes is so big i kept breaking away. she dominated me, i felt less like a man when she left
man or woman, its a game I always play. Men always seem to break contact. I dont think that makes them puss though. That shyt is weird in normal conversion unless yall about to fight. Women, especially ones that get shyt handed to them, are game. Throw in a couple of light insults and you can fake confidence.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
man or woman, its a game I always play. Men always seem to break contact. I dont think that makes them puss though. That shyt is weird in normal conversion unless yall about to fight. Women, especially ones that get shyt handed to them, are game. Throw in a couple of light insults and you can fake confidence.

I can't wait to start a convo w/ her just to stare her in eye and get my self respect back:jawalrus: