What’s your opinion on Yellow Paint in video games?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Game design straight outa 2005, but if i say it yall get mad :hubie:

There’s a lot to like with that game, specifically the graphics and presentation, but gameplay seems really undercooked.

Gameplay is it's strength. Frustrating at times but damn good. Environments, while beautiful (OLED GANG), Is confusing. They work on that aspect and they've got a 9.5 game easy IMO. If I just off a cliff too high I should die. I can't jump down right below me but I can walk around?

A sequel where you can climb up in trees or hang off cliffside and jump down to attack enemies should be a no brainer. Character is a damn monkey!

As.far as the yellow paint it doesn't bother me that much. And something is necessary in these open world games where they don't say shyt about where to go. It is another positive for Wukong too not having it and just running into cats.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gameplay is it's strength. Frustrating at times but damn good. Environments, while beautiful (OLED GANG), Is confusing. They work on that aspect and they've got a 9.5 game easy IMO. If I just off a cliff too high I should die. I can't jump down right below me but I can walk around?

A sequel where you can climb up in trees or hang off cliffside and jump down to attack enemies should be a no brainer. Character is a damn monkey!

As.far as the yellow paint it doesn't bother me that much. And something is necessary in these open world games where they don't say shyt about where to go. It is another positive for Wukong too not having it and just running into cats.
Navigating the world is a big part of the gameplay in any game.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Some games do visual cues better than others, it doesn't always have to be yellow:manny:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
One of the features of that tomb raider trilogy was the ability to turn this shyt off. I don't know why more devs don't give you the option to turn it on or off.

In open world games it can be useful but in more linear games it feels like lazy level design. I prefer more subtle environmental ques, the bright yellow or white paint just makes the game feel like its on rails.