What's your favorite video game antagonist?

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mithos Yggdrasill - Tales of Symphonia

A legend and war hero who had ideals for equality but eventually became evil. He literally ran two worlds while the masses believed he was two separate people that had passed. The lies, deception, and the way he even experimented on his own people for years was disturbing but amazing at the same time :wow:
man makes me want to fire up the dolphin emu and play this again

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Albedo is just insane brehs

the theme, the madness, he's immortal, and looks cool as shyt :wow:

Also, nothing is fukking with this period

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
vega_2.jpg

Shao_Kahn.jpg

380555-kaptain_k._rool_super.jpg

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
In terms of story, can't really name a singular one.

However, in actually fighting against them.....

bass_exe__official_style__by_ultimatemaverickx_d6gaqz0-fullview.png

No two encounters with him were ever really the same. Just with his ability, he changes up his attacks, patterns, health, everything with each incarnation you face. While he'll have some signature moves, you still can't use the same strat you used before. Was always the hardest boss in all of the Battle Network games and he was completely optional in most cases. Think the only time you're ever forced to fight him is in 3 towards the end.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The more I reflect on it the more it becomes the final antagonist of Persona 5 Royal. That character evoked a reaction from me that I never had from a game antagonist before. When the fight against them happen it was the opposite reaction to all the other antagonists in the game.

They weren't wrong in what they did. They saw a problem and tried to solve it. There was no God complex or desire for power. Most of these well intentioned extremist deep down want the power.

This person could have taken steps to assure their success in their plan but they didn't because deep down not only did they want to succeed but they wanted the party and mainly Joker to accept their solution.

When it all came crumbling down they didn't revert to a God complex or some righteous indignation they accepted things for what they were and moved on.

Most importantly they weren't wrong and only did what was done out of a desire to make the world a better place.

Lastly it was the actual person and not their "shadow" that you had to deal with.