what's your favorite classic car?

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
iu

iu
This car is such an icon but in reality it's a piece of shyt. Mazda's rotary engines are a ticking time bomb, and the interior is crappy.

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
Porsche Carrera GT
carrera-gt-black-hero-750x375.jpg

McLaren F1
Prototype-221.jpg

Two of the last and best analog supercars.

Gordon Murray, the designer of the F1, is supposed to be coming out with a new car that supposedly is a realization of what they strove for when they made the F1.
Weighs only 986kg wet with a naturally aspirated v12 that revs up to 13k rpm.

Last edited:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
This car is such an icon but in reality it's a piece of shyt. Mazda's rotary engines are a ticking time bomb, and the interior is crappy.

It is NOT a piece of shyt :gucci: :picard: the rotary engines are amazing! All rotaries need an apex seal replacement every 80,000km/50,000 miles, that's a reality of the engine type, not something particular to Mazda's rotaries. Also a rotary engine is designed to be used like a race car, if you don't take the rpm up high when you're driving, you're shortening the engine's lifespan. The RX-7 is a pure sportscar, and the only reason it has a bad rep for reliability is because the typical people who buy sportscars - old, fat, retired men who just want to be seen in something exotic and don't actually know how to drive fast - can't look after RX-7s. They don't run them hard like you're supposed to.

This is how RX-7s are supposed to be driven; if you can't drive like that on a regular basis then you have no business owning an RX-7

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is NOT a piece of shyt :gucci: :picard: the rotary engines are amazing! All rotaries need an apex seal replacement every 80,000km/50,000 miles, that's a reality of the engine type, not something particular to Mazda's rotaries. Also a rotary engine is designed to be used like a race car, if you don't take the rpm up high when you're driving, you're shortening the engine's lifespan. The RX-7 is a pure sportscar, and the only reason it has a bad rep for reliability is because the typical people who buy sportscars - old, fat, retired men who just want to be seen in something exotic and don't actually know how to drive fast - can't look after RX-7s. They don't run them hard like you're supposed to.

This is how RX-7s are supposed to be driven; if you can't drive like that on a regular basis then you have no business owning an RX-7

Youre right they are amazing. Probably over engineered but still. I'd use it as a track beast, and its light as hell. I guess the engines in the RX-8 turned me off from the RX-7 when I learned how they can be easily flooded.