Whats with this Silent Treatment bullshyt from todays Commentators?

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
I agree that they use the silent treatment too often. But I do think there is a place for it if it's used very rarely, like when something truly despicable or vicious is happening. A game-changing heel turn or extra-vicious beatdown angle, which probably happens once or twice a year at most.

They go silent often enough now that the silent treatment has lost its effectiveness. When used right (i.e. hardly ever), I still believe it does have a place.

I Agree. it should happen at least once or twice when something REALLY drastic happens. like when Droz pushed HAWK off the titantron or something crazy like that lol

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
The exact thing I've been saying the last few years. So true. I don't understand why they changed the format. King used to bring that element to some degree til he went kid-friendly. You need a scumbag in there somewhere to keep the balance.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If the commentators were talking, how could we have heard Paul?

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Jim Ross the GOAT commentator. That guy made so many classic moments just through his commentating.

"BAHH GAWDDDD" :wow:

(Talking about Jerry Lawler)
"Do your lips get chapped from all your corperate butt kissing?"

(Talking about D'Lo Brown losing the European Championship)
Jerry Lawler
: "Berlin, Lisbon, and London are distraught that he isn't the champion."
Jim Ross: "Especially Krakow."

(After Paul Bearer attacked the Rock with his shoe)
"If the heel don't get you, the smell will."

This match has bowling shoe potential."
Slobber Knocker"
getting beat like a gov't mule

(and this is my fave one)

running like a scalded dog

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The šŸļø Of Relevancy
You guys had it good, I'll take silence over Kevin Patrick commentary any day of the week. With all the tough love I give To NXT bka WWE developmental, and these hit or miss returning/ debut wrestlers,(which I have been saying for a while now, but it Took The Game to "allegedly" feel underwhelmed for people to see it) I can at least say one, maybe two good things.
I can't think of one thing he does good on commentary.