Whats with this Silent Treatment bullshyt from todays Commentators?

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
When I was watching CM Punk getting dismantled last night by Axel and Heyman, It became perfectly evident with what one of the main problems these heels today have in getting over. The lack of a heel color commentator.

Watching this beating last night, The perfect heel commentator would have not only put over the angle brilliantly but also the heel. One of the examples of this is look at how Jesse Ventura put over the heels without burying the baby-faces. He kept it within character The Body would have relished on this:

Michael Cole" THIS IS RIDICULOUS! SOMEONE NEEDS TO HELP PUNK!

Ventura: HEY CM PUNK HAS NOBODY TO BLAME BUT HIMSELF COLE, PAUL HEYMAN IS THE REASON WHY THIS GUY IS WHERE HE'S AT NOW AND NOW HE'S BITING THE HAND THAT FEEDS HIM, NOW AXEL AND HEYMAN IS GONNA MAKE HIM PAY. GIVE IT TO HIM AXEL! HE DESERVES IT!

But instead they go back to that typical "Being silent and acting like this is a tragic event" bullshyt whenever the Babyface is getting owned or beat down. This is apart of the reasons why these guys can't get the heat they need because they don't have commentators to put big moments over or put these guys over.

I remember going to Summer-slam 2000 DESPISING Triple H double based off how Jim Ross put alot of his evil deeds over. The right heel commentator that has a mind for the business and can actually call the action would help wonders

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I forgot. Haven't seen that PPV in months. When Diesel came out to the big response, they undersold it too. Booker T too. Just stupid.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Perfect did a SUPERB job of putting over Nailz when he was whooping the Bossman's ass

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate this new way of commentating, I be thinking yall do know that everybody knows this shyt aint real, stop trying to force me to think its gone too far.. That shyt ruins all the major beatdowns and big moments, they have 3 fukking commentators on no one says anything :mindblown: it takes me out of the moment.

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
I agree that they use the silent treatment too often. But I do think there is a place for it if it's used very rarely, like when something truly despicable or vicious is happening. A game-changing heel turn or extra-vicious beatdown angle, which probably happens once or twice a year at most.

They go silent often enough now that the silent treatment has lost its effectiveness. When used right (i.e. hardly ever), I still believe it does have a place.