Whats up with Wesley Snipes and all these wack movies he be doing?

Kal-El

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
His movie catalog is fukkin awful :scust:

For the last 10 years his movies been doo doo. Is it that hard for him to find a decent script and a good director? I mean shyt even Van Damme have made some good movies evry now and then but Wesley shyt straight wack juice.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Gotta eat. :manny:

I kind of had some hope for Wesley when he was standing up there with Sam and Denzel presenting Spike with a Lifetime Achievement Award (he was a highlight of the whole thing), and one of them would try to help him out, but alas, it doesn't seem to have helped much. :to:

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's got bills to pay. I think he might also still be paying off taxes.

It's also pretty clear at this point that he's been blacklisted to some degree. Snipes is actually a VERY good actor that can give some great performances, but all he's getting are these direct to DVD action thrillers. Only way I see him having a full resurgence is if he lands a Superhero movie role or Tarantino puts him in one of his movies.

Thinking about it now Snipes would have been a MUCH better Django than Jamie Foxx.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think hes the exec producer of a lot, if not all of those DVD flicks he does so he eats well on them.
Gotta eat. :manny:

I kind of had some hope for Wesley when he was standing up there with Sam and Denzel presenting Spike with a Lifetime Achievement Award (he was a highlight of the whole thing), and one of them would try to help him out, but alas, it doesn't seem to have helped much. :to:

He was in Chiraq, starring Samuel L and directed by Spike so it's not like they abandoned him or anything. Also I think Wesley is very selected with his studio films so he may not be interested in a full fledged "comeback" that has him in some ole bullshyt.

Dude just wrote a book that's getting good reviews, I don't think he's "hurting" too much

Daps
i just looked at imdb and didn't realize he was doing as much as he was doing. i actually liked wesley i'm going to check his newer stuff out.