What's the reason for titles like The Last of Us not coming to PC?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Sony wants you to buy their console.
Microsoft can put their games on PC because you are still playing the game on their 'platform', which is a Windows Operating system.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think there is definitely a market for these games. Steam would eat up the Uncharted series and The Last of Us @ the right prices. I'm thinking its mostly to get people to buy the PS3/PS4 consoles to play the games.
I think I get what you're trying to say here. The issue is that when the PC gets a title that's the same scope as The Last of Us or Uncharted those games also end up coming to consoles. So they basically become multiplatform games. Something like The Witcher was a high scope PC game and now the series is on consoles. The Metro series is also on consoles. even back in the day Grand Theft Auto was a PC series and is now dominated by consoles.

Now if you're talking about the specific games The Last of Us and Uncharted then its cause Sony bankrolls those games and owns the studio that made them and they're used to entice people to buy Playstation consoles.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
:what: Sony owns the license, why would they put their own IPs on a non-Sony platform?
see my post above this one. Sony owns Planetside 2 and a ton of other games thru SOE on PC. Sony makes money from pc gamers. This is about selling consoles breh