What’s the point of having a luxury vehicle if you can’t afford to fix body damage?

RicanFury

Come Home With Me
Daps
Reppin
a BRONX Slum by I-87 NORTH
oh shyt breh I just came up with that , i have NO idea how much paint jobs cost. Imma have to cash out whatever

but hey , Ive heard 90% of a paint job is in the prep work. How much prep work is needed on new parts that are already primed?

oh okay thought you already priced it youre in for a headache lol a decent paint job seems to cost a few grand depending on the car mostly because of the work that goes into the prep. some paints are all sorts of complicated with pearls and shyt etc that raise the cost. look into wraps..definitely less expensive.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
oh okay thought you already priced it youre in for a headache lol a decent paint job seems to cost a few grand depending on the car mostly because of the work that goes into the prep. some paints are all sorts of complicated with pearls and shyt etc that raise the cost. look into wraps..definitely less expensive.

yeah someone said i should just get the fender and bumper wrapped , but idk . Would they even be able to match the wrapping to the car exact paint ?

and if the parts are primed already , are they just ready for paint ? or do they prep new primed parts as well ?

I'd rather just repaint the damaged panels than get the whole thing repainted

Last edited:

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
yeah someone said i should just get the fender and bumper wrapped , but idk . Would they even be able to match the wrapping to the car exact paint ?

and if the parts are primed already , are they just ready for paint ? or do they prep new primed parts as well ?

I'd rather just repaint the damaged panels than get the whole thing repainted
Nope :francis:

the wrap is a diff texture than the paint so it will be instantly noticeable. I’d suggest doing the wrap in a diff color than the paint you got and match the wheels with the wrap. You can plastidip the wheels and that will save you a lot of money.

edit : you can always wrap the entire car or wrap certain segments so it looks like you put thought into it

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Nope :francis:

the wrap is a diff texture than the paint so it will be instantly noticeable. I’d suggest doing the wrap in a diff color than the paint you got and match the wheels with the wrap. You can plastidip the wheels and that will save you a lot of money.

edit : you can always wrap the entire car or wrap certain segments so it looks like you put thought into it

oh hell nah , i think imma just bite the bullet and get the fender and all that shyt repainted the same color :snoop: first lil wreck, im still trippin how one lil mistake could instantly lead to $$$ gone . I deserve it tho, I was drinking :francis: lesson learned

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
oh hell nah , i think imma just bite the bullet and get the fender and all that shyt repainted the same color :snoop: first lil wreck, im still trippin how one lil mistake could instantly lead to $$$ gone . I deserve it tho, I was drinking :francis: lesson learned
Good luck some places will tell you to repaint the entire car since you got three sections that gotta get repainted and it might not match perfectly

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Out of 1-10 , how bad brehs ? :lupe: This is my baby , so I already dropped $1K on parts, prolly another $1K on body work , then imma just paint the whole car blue fucc it , another $1K

nkCuTlo

Dont take this the wrong way. But I do this for a living and I think you should of went through insurance. Why pay more out of pocket when you dont have too.

I can write you a estimate off the rip from the photos right now.

-Replace Bumper
- Behind the bumper you have your impact bar and absorber that is most definitely damaged.
- Potential damage to the lower rails(structural).
- Replace Fender
- There is potential damage to the Fender rails that absorbed the damage
- Check your right side door edge, usually when fenders are hit like that it damages the edge of the front door. Can you open it up without any tension?
- Because you are changing your fender, you will most likely have to blend into the front door for color matching due to the metallic silver.

- Potential Damage to the Radiator Support if bent
- Square of your vehicle can be off spec which can lead to your vehicle twisted and can impact alignment.
- Replace Headlamp

Your hood looks like it might be kinked at the edge, it may be repairable but if its Aluminium, it would be advised to replace the hood as well.

Impact sensors are usually located on the right/left of the lower rail once enough impact has entered that area and will let your car to shoot the air bags.
You will need to make sure your SRS system isnt compromised or important sensors need to be replaced.

This is just a quick analysis from one photo, when they take off the bumper they will find more broken components.
Are you leaking any fluids? Is there a auxillary intercooler on the right side of the vehicle?

What is your dashboard saying? Any malfunction indicators on?
You may have to take it to a dealer to have certain functions reprogrammed and etc.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Dont take this the wrong way. But I do this for a living and I think you should of went through insurance. Why pay more out of pocket when you dont have too.

I can write you a estimate off the rip from the photos right now.

-Replace Bumper
- Behind the bumper you have your impact bar and absorber that is most definitely damaged.
- Potential damage to the lower rails(structural).
- Replace Fender
- There is potential damage to the Fender rails that absorbed the damage
- Check your right side door edge, usually when fenders are hit like that it damages the edge of the front door. Can you open it up without any tension?
- Because you are changing your fender, you will most likely have to blend into the front door for color matching due to the metallic silver.

- Potential Damage to the Radiator Support if bent
- Square of your vehicle can be off spec which can lead to your vehicle twisted and can impact alignment.
- Replace Headlamp

Your hood looks like it might be kinked at the edge, it may be repairable but if its Aluminium, it would be advised to replace the hood as well.

Impact sensors are usually located on the right/left of the lower rail once enough impact has entered that area and will let your car to shoot the air bags.
You will need to make sure your SRS system isnt compromised or important sensors need to be replaced.

This is just a quick analysis from one photo, when they take off the bumper they will find more broken components.
Are you leaking any fluids? Is there a auxillary intercooler on the right side of the vehicle?

What is your dashboard saying? Any malfunction indicators on?
You may have to take it to a dealer to have certain functions reprogrammed and etc.

No SRS lights, parking sensors still working, passenger door opens clean

I didn’t go with insurance cuz I was drinking and hit somebody. They shyt wasn’t fucced (big ass truck with front rails) so I pulled off the scene , plus I ain’t got license plus I already pay 200 for insurance

Once I get these parts in , and they tell me what’s up , I will say if I can finesse insurance. Rn imma just take the L , my fault anyways

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

I didn’t go with insurance cuz I was drinking and hit somebody. They shyt wasn’t fucced (big ass truck with front rails) so I pulled off the scene , plus I ain’t got license plus I already pay 200 for insurance

Once I get these parts in , and they tell me what’s up , I will say if I can finesse insurance. Rn imma just take the L , my fault anyways
Drinking and driving and a hit and run :picard:?
full

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Just paid for a 2015 Camaro. Overall average price for maintenance but they don't have a lot of problems :yeshrug:

hatealot

Banned
Daps

Fair enough, I guess it would be better to not leave a paper trail and just pay out of pocket then have to deal with increased premiums and / or potential fines for other reasons.
Hope the other vehicle didn't get your plates because they can easily trace it to your insurance carrier and then try to have accept fault and you are still responsible.
Good luck