What's the name of that poster that knows BJJ?

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see a few things wrong with this footage. First there is a guy in a blue belt instructing people. Im not sure if he just lost his belt that day but im official academies you NEVER, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!, see a coach who is typically a black belt forgetting his belt when hes teaching. The blood sweat and tears that goes into obtaining a BJJ blackbelt is legendary even for the lesser skilled Black Belts. Secondly, i come back to this feeling that shakes me, why is a man in a blue belt teaching. The second thing that urks me is that the guinea pig is resisting too much. I mean the guy lacked some technique and all but the guy wasnt being a compliant partner which is a staple of most BJJ academies. If you know the guy is showing a move, be compliant. Lastly, and the most horrific of all is me coming back to this man being a blue belt teaching a class. I just dont understand. I only watched the footage once but it looks like the other guy is of a higher rank. Why the blue belt was teaching and demonstrating the move on the higher ranked belt is bizarre to me. In my training environment when a lower belt wants to show a move, the higher belt gets him to demonstrate on another person of his rank.

Now, what would i have done. I would have avoided this situation altogether by instructing the blue belt to demonstrate on someone of his rank because as a blue belt you really dont know what you're doing so if you do a move wrong its going to be difficult to tell people watching how your messing up the move you're trying to do on me. Its standard procedure to let 2 people of close enough rank to demonstrate the move on one another and then you correct their technique as needed if at all. I dont think the head coach was at this school that day because this escalated too quickly and as training partners we dont take out anger on one another. We save that for people in the street or tournaments. Hope that helps. :youngsabo:

Bjj brown belt 2 stripes. :whew:

:obama:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

I came home and rewatched this. ( i was watching on my droid) Didnt realize ol boy was a judo instructor. I think the bjj guy was showboating a little bit just to show him hey, you're shyt is fugazi. Ideally he shoulda went along but maybe he was annoyed that he was being instructed by a lower belt. That BJJ brown belt grip strength, is not a game. :pachaha: at that cat gettin salty though. It happens, but he shouldnt be instructing. He wasnt even getting his hips under ol boy to throw him. He just expected him to jump into the throw. Humiliating and exposed.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Judging by the belts the guy with the brown is of higher rank so I would be feeling some type of way too if a lower ranked person wanted to demonstrate on me.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
If it's a demonstration, then you're supposed to go with the flow.